PDA

View Full Version : I need some powerbook help...

Falleron
Sep 21, 2003, 06:56 AM
Hi all. I have an old powerbook 1400. I am having soome problems with the keyboard (some keys have stopped working!!). At one point the whole keyboard stopped working. A quick shake made 95% of them work again! However, I need to get the others working. I want to be able to get at the cable that links the keyboard to the computer.

How do I do this?

Anyone know any sites that have a step by step guide to opening up these powerbooks??

Thanks for any help.

claytonbench
Sep 21, 2003, 08:35 AM
I have the Service Source Manual, technically i am not sure if i can distribute it but email me at claytonbench@mac.com and I will email it to you. It has all the pictures and instructions you could ever want direct from apple

Falleron
Sep 26, 2003, 11:45 AM
Ok, I have now opened up my powerbook. The problem now is that I have found a suspicious stain around the affected keyboard area + Modem Slot. Somethiing must have been spilled! (not by me). I know this is an OLD laptop. However, I do like it!

Does anyone here in the UK have any old parts that I could have?? I know its a big ask! Its just on the off chance. I dont want to ditch the laptop. Someone may have an old laptop that is being chucked out.

Thanks.

ac2102
Sep 26, 2003, 01:44 PM
There is one up for sale in e-bay (uk).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2755643382&category=4606

Dont know whether its worth contacting this guy. If it doesnt sell he might give it to you cheap!

Falleron
Sep 26, 2003, 02:28 PM
Wow thats expensive. I was hoping someone had one lying around who was going to chuck it. I could give them something for it.