Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I just bought a 867mhz 12 inch PowerBook from macofalltrades.com after the new powerbooks came out, I think I got a great price, it has a 40gb HD, 640mb of Ram, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth. I paid around $1,350 including the airport card and shipping. It should arrive this week. My question is I am upgrading from a Clamshell iBook, my laptop case is way to big. I was looking around and saw a Sportfollio case on Apple's online store. Are these cases good? All I would need to carry around with me is a power adapter, Palm, iPod, Phone, some wires and a mouse. I want a slim case but, I need places to put these things. Can anyone recomend any cases? I want the PowerBook to be protected but with some room for accessories.

Also should I get anything else for the PowerBook? Any cool accessories? I'd like a bluetooth mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel, they are expensive so maybe I'll use a wired one.... Any help would be great :)

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
on the practical side, i would recomend a cloth to protect your screen then the laptop is closed. if you travel much with it at night, i would get a little USB light. for traveling, also the car/plane power adaptor.
for fun (and if you had lots of money left over from getting such a deal), i would try to get a bluetooth printer and a bluetooth cell phone. that's just me, though.

::Edit::
of course, now that i am thinking about it, if you have an APE base station, you could always do network printing, so maybe the bluetooth printer is not so clutch.
::Edit:

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Actually I have no money I owe my mom money for buying the PowerBook, I need a job :p I have a Netgear 802.11b router so that is fine for now. I print to my dad's Epson 3000 via the AGP G4 tower acting as a print server using Classic. I might get one of those screen protecters but what about a tisse? would it do the same :rolleyes: I will check out the thread on cases thanks!

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
Actually I have no money I owe my mom money for buying the PowerBook, I need a job :p I have a Netgear 802.11b router so that is fine for now. I print to my dad's Epson 3000 via the AGP G4 tower acting as a print server using Classic. I might get one of those screen protecters but what about a tisse? would it do the same :rolleyes: I will check out the thread on cases thanks!

A piece of paper will protect your screen...and it really isn't necessary with the 12" pBook...since the screen/case doesn't flex like the TiBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.