PDA

View Full Version : First iTunes Movie Premiere: Purple Violets

MacRumors
Nov 20, 2007, 12:00 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

9to5mac (http://www.9to5mac.com/first-itunes-feature-length-Purple-Violets-67674877) reminds us that the first feature film (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/23/apple-attracting-indies-to-itunes-movies/) to be launched exclusively on iTunes is opening today. Written and directed by Edward Burns (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0122653/), Purple Violets is a romantic comedy starring Selma Blair, Debra Messing, and Patrick Wilson. A preview page (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewVideo?id=267924264&s=143441) is already available on iTunes (though ordering is currently unavailable) along with a trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/purpleviolets/trailer/).

The LA Times notes (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-burns20nov20,0,1658276.story) that this digital-only distribution experience may take some getting used to:
As the first full-length feature to premiere exclusively on Apple's iTunes store -- not in theaters -- your date would have to be cool with coming over to watch the movie on your laptop. Or desktop. Or even on the gorgeous little 3-inch by 2-inch screen of your iPod Touch -- since nothing says romance like sharing ear buds.
But director Edward Burns wants his fans to be able to see his films when they are released, and not face the same issues with limited distribution that he has dealt with in the past. Online film distribution also eliminates printing and distribution costs. That being said, the ultimate success of a film may be limited by this form of distribution. Apple's vice president of iTunes reveals that while the most popular movies have sold "hundreds of thousands" copies each, no single iTunes movie has broken the 1 million download mark.

iTunes Link: Purple Violets (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewVideo?id=267924264&s=143441)

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/20/first-itunes-movie-premiere-purple-violets/)

SkyBell
Nov 20, 2007, 12:04 AM
Finally, maybe now people will take iTunes a little more seriously.

Thanatoast
Well, give it time. It took the Music Store a while to ramp up, too.

The only problem I have is knowing that I want to spend $10 on a movie I haven't seen. Of course, I'd spend more than that going to the theater, but there's a mental disconnect there.

Once the Apple TV gets sorted out (ie; more compelling) movies and tv shows will sell better, I think....

evilspoons
And yet I still can't buy any of 'em, exclusive or not, here in Canada. We're just a little bit north, guys, not on another planet. I'm sure working out deals can't be that difficult!

adrianblaine
Nov 20, 2007, 12:06 AM
It's odd they still haven't offered a system to rent movies yet. I'd be renting movies almost exclusively through iTunes.

firstapple
Nov 20, 2007, 12:07 AM
Once downloaded, do I then have the movie for life? Or only for a certain number of days?

Lixivial
Nov 20, 2007, 12:07 AM
I watched the preview and, in all honesty, this really seems like a gimmick to compensate for an overplayed cliche.

stevejust
Nov 20, 2007, 12:15 AM
umm... Apple tv?

I don't understand this posting at all. If anything, it will help apple sell more of those otherwise useless things.

arn
Nov 20, 2007, 12:15 AM
Once downloaded, do I then have the movie for life? Or only for a certain number of days?

With iTunes, you own the file. So as long as Apple exists, it won't expire. That being said, it costs $12.99 (in preorder)

arn

aafuss1
Nov 20, 2007, 12:21 AM
With movies being sold only on the US iTunes store, those in the UK,Canada,Australia or Europe won't be able to see this movie.

queshy
Nov 20, 2007, 12:22 AM
Hmm, so as a Canadian, the most I can do is watch the preview?

ErikGrim
Nov 20, 2007, 12:24 AM
If he's all about not having limited distribution, why does he not go the whole hog and release it worldwide on iTunes?

We are desperate for ANY content down here.

Ha ze
Nov 20, 2007, 12:26 AM
If only they'd come out with something like like an iPod for your television, an "AppleTV" if you will.. someday maybe.. I can dream..

bdkennedy1
Nov 20, 2007, 12:28 AM
I think it sucks they didn't mention Apple TV.

Well, it's Apple's own fault I guess. Once again I purchased an Apple bastard child.

Sayer
Nov 20, 2007, 12:31 AM
Apple has spectacularly failed to promote the :apple:tv as it did with the iPod Hi-Fi.

I guess its too hard to sell someone on the concept of buying a movie on a computer, in a program called iTunes, and having to wait 3 hours for it to finish downloading AND copy to the :apple:tv before you can watch it on your HDTV.

I rented movies on my Xbox 360 many times, its cheaper, you can watch fairly quickly and you can get HD-quality movies. The selection is slightly worse than iTunes, but you can find more indie-ish stuff on the 360 than iTunes, at least.

Afterthought:

I have a suspicion that the USB port on the :apple:tv was meant to accept an iPod/iPhone dock so you could browse and view (but not copy) iPod-based content (including videos). I bet the music execs nixed that idea, fearin' us dumb users would somehow not pay another round of royalties to them (I wish I could get paid over and over again for the same completed job indefinitely).

Peace
Nov 20, 2007, 12:40 AM
I find it odd that there could be "customer reviews" for a movie that hasn't been released yet.
Other than that it's good to see iTunes beginning to get into releasing first run movies.

dAlen
Nov 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
Well, my harddrive is 30GB, and its almost always maxed.
So for me, the time of buying on line movies is not here.
- Not to mention in Hungary I cant use itunes...thanks to apple ;)

And the companies who want to solve this buy renting them (so you dont have to store all the movies on your computer), dont get it either...I like having my own library. I mean they make enough as it is on one movie that your bound to watch 3 or 4 times. (4k forint, $20 for Harry Potter. Suppose the cost is for the 40 million languages that I can listen to it in...which is a waste of time. Learn the language and get the true feel of the movie by hearing the actors original voice. So much is lost in voice dubs.)

Peace

dAlen

sgljungholm
Nov 20, 2007, 01:53 AM
your date would have to be cool with coming over to watch the movie on your laptop. Or desktop. Or even on the gorgeous little 3-inch by 2-inch screen of your iPod Touch

Like I don't have my AppleTV hooked up to a HD projector with a 100" screen. I would still try the earbud sharing thing because that is just cool.

grappler
Nov 20, 2007, 04:03 AM
Apple has spectacularly failed to promote the :apple:tv as it did with the iPod Hi-Fi.

I suppose they could have promoted the Hi-Fi better, but that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a very compelling product. I mean, why would somebody buy it? If you want a good sound system, you're going to want it to be capable of stereo separation, no?

I guess its too hard to sell someone on the concept of buying a movie on a computer, in a program called iTunes, and having to wait 3 hours for it to finish downloading AND copy to the :apple:tv before you can watch it on your HDTV.

Exactly. The problem with these products is that they feel like a stopgap measure, until something much, much better comes along next year.

As someone who likes gadgets, the biggest frustration about them is when they don't fit right into the rest of the stuff you have and make a cohesive whole. When I'm looking at the next thing I might buy, that's the biggest concern.

Right now, I have a macbook pro with the 30" cinema display. For my little apartment, it's perfect. It is my tv, stereo and workspace, home or away. This screen is way better than most tvs. Why would I want to clutter up that experience with other junk that still doesn't satisfy?

At some point, I'll probably have a big living-room screen. But I won't even consider it until it's linked directly to the internet and can get any web content, movie or show on demand from the living room remote at a reasonable price. Why put that much money toward such a goal when it doesn't exist yet?

I have a suspicion that the USB port on the :apple:tv was meant to accept an iPod/iPhone dock so you could browse and view (but not copy) iPod-based content (including videos). I bet the music execs nixed that idea, fearin' us dumb users would somehow not pay another round of royalties to them (I wish I could get paid over and over again for the same completed job indefinitely).

That's a shame. The Apple TV would make much, much more sense if it had that. Then I'm at my friend's house and I want to play a song or movie for everyone, so I just take my iphone out of my pocket and dock it to his apple tv. Done and done.

Stella
Nov 20, 2007, 05:42 AM
Movies, or TV series on iTunes... whats that?!!

Apple should be negotiating harder to get more countries on board.

twoodcc
Nov 20, 2007, 06:05 AM
Finally, maybe now people will take iTunes a little more seriously.

that's what i'm hoping for as well :cool:

diamond.g
Nov 20, 2007, 06:10 AM
your date would have to be cool with coming over to watch the movie on your laptop. Or desktop. Or even on the gorgeous little 3-inch by 2-inch screen of your iPod Touch

Like I don't have my AppleTV hooked up to a HD projector with a 100" screen. I would still try the earbud sharing thing because that is just cool.

Are movies of high enough bitrate to get rid of the macro blocking? I would think that it would be pretty bad/noticable on an 100" screen.

phillipjfry
Nov 20, 2007, 06:24 AM
umm... Apple tv?

That's what I was thinking. LA Times hasn't heard of AppleTV? I have instant distrust of them! :)

operator207
Nov 20, 2007, 06:54 AM
umm... Apple tv?

I don't understand this posting at all. If anything, it will help apple sell more of those otherwise useless things.

+1 to the watching on Apple TV. I don't see them as useless, though a bit over priced.

I am so glad the LA Times has writers/journalists that have no clue what Apple sells. Then they go out and make statements that do not make sense to the somewhat informed (trendy crowd).

GeekLawyer
Nov 20, 2007, 08:22 AM
+1 to the watching on Apple TV. I don't see them as useless, though a bit over priced.

I am so glad the LA Times has writers/journalists that have no clue what Apple sells. Then they go out and make statements that do not make sense to the somewhat informed (trendy crowd).

Another plug for the AppleTV here. I pre-ordered the movie and at about 11PM EST last night, I got an email from Apple letting me know that it was ready to download. Twenty-five minutes and 1.15 GB later, the movie looked gorgeous on my AppleTV/42" plasma. I won't watch it until later, when my honey is over for date-night.

Aside from "event movies," I won't go anywhere near my local theater. The movie-going experience has declined with the advent of cell phones and the seeming break-down of civil society in general. :p

rockosmodurnlif
Nov 20, 2007, 08:31 AM
This does sound interesting. The movie is probably crap though. Or maybe worse than crap. You got theaters, straight to dvd and now straight to iTunes. Most of these crappy movies on dvd you can get for under $10. $12.99? Yea, right.

Now when Disney starts doing those straight to dvd sequels as straight to iTunes exclusives, then we'll be talking. And I will be talking about my inability to put movies in a separate library from my music (unless that's been addressed by then).

ChrisK018
Nov 20, 2007, 08:45 AM
Ed Burns and his icky movies are the furthest thing from what I'd like to see get premiered. Just the fact that one of his movies is the first one has completely ruined my desire for iTunes movie premieres.

(half-joking)

MacQuest
Nov 20, 2007, 09:04 AM
umm... Apple tv?

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

The reporter from LA Times is a tard:

"your date would have to be cool with coming over to watch the movie on your laptop. Or desktop. Or even on the gorgeous little 3-inch by 2-inch screen of your iPod Touch -- since nothing says romance like sharing ear buds."

Again, he's a tard.

This could spur a nice little movement for indie films as well as iTunes exclusive "major" films.

Time to get an AppleTV. ;)

Gelfin
Nov 20, 2007, 09:57 AM
I was saying Boo-urns.

...sorry, needed to be said. Carry on.

soosy
Nov 20, 2007, 10:28 AM
I wonder what the resolution will be. I finally downloaded a movie from iTunes a month or so ago and was shocked at how small it was on my monitor. Are they even hitting 480p yet? :(

salilsundresh
Nov 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
I wonder what the resolution will be. I finally downloaded a movie from iTunes a month or so ago and was shocked at how small it was on my monitor. Are they even hitting 480p yet? :(

If it's a 4:3 movie, then yes, it should be 480p. Otherwise, it won't be for a wider aspect ratio such as 2.35:1 since Apple crops them to save space. You are getting slightly less vertical resolution than a DVD because it's cropped as opposed to anamorphic 16:9. (not really a huge difference from what I've seen)

ashawley
Nov 20, 2007, 11:09 AM
Not only does the Times fail to mention AppleTV, but why not mention just watching the darn thing via your iPod on your TV. Am I the only one that does that?

I watch movies/tv all the time off the iPod on the TV...pretty basic functionality that's been there since the video iPods were first released. Surprised that's not mentioned by anyone..

Darkroom
Nov 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
ohhh... romantic comedies are so light and easy... love them... defiantly guilty pleasures...

muskratboy
Nov 20, 2007, 11:55 AM
now iTunes can be choked with Ed Burns movies so terribly, insanely crappy they can't even make a straight-to-DVD jump to blockbuster? and this is a GOOD thing?

Seems odd that apple would tout their first big movie from that idiot who hasn't made a decent movie... well, ever. He is one of the most universally reviled filmmakers i can think of right now.

so, here iTunes public... a ******, ****** movie from a ******, ****** director. awesome.

couldn't we have at least gotten Kevin Smith or something? seriously... Ed Burns? Steve KNOWS he's not the documentary guy, right? should someone tell him he got the wrong Burns?

stcanard
Nov 20, 2007, 12:28 PM

The execs have destroyed more than that. Since Apple has been unable to negotiate a distribution deal outside of the US, I'll bet you can count the number of aTV's sold in Canada, Europe, Australia, etc on the fingers of one hand.

They launched it expecting to be able to rapidly negotiate the market around the rest of the world and the rug was pulled out from under them. I expect they have realized they need to rethink the concept, but have to give a year or two's separation from this failure before they do anything.

szark
Nov 20, 2007, 01:22 PM
I think this is a good start, but I really wish they would come out with some type of rental solution in addition to the current "purchase to own". Then I'd buy an :apple:TV in a heartbeat.

Seems odd that apple would tout their first big movie from that idiot who hasn't made a decent movie... well, ever. He is one of the most universally reviled filmmakers i can think of right now.

Hmmm. I don't exactly hang out on a lot of movie sites, but I've never seen anyone trashing an Ed Burns film until now. He's definitely not a well-known filmmaker (outside of Hollywood), but he's certainly not "universally reviled". Uwe Boll, on the other hand... :p

VoodooDaddy
Nov 20, 2007, 01:35 PM
Id like to see it, but not for 12.99, and not when Id have to watch it either on my computer or iphone.

And yes, Ed Burns has done some turds, but some of his stuff is good. I caught Sidewalks of New York on HDNet one night. Id never even heard of this movie, but it was surprisingly VERY good.

BigMacIain
Nov 20, 2007, 02:46 PM
I like the idea of having access to movies that don't get a general release. Where I live, if a movie wont bust a block then it won't come to a cineplex near me anytime soon.

Now, if only it were available in Canada...

Oh, well, maybe this trend will lead to more h.264 torrents.

[Did I say that out lod?]

chameleon
Nov 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
First, I think this is AWESOME.

When I first heard about the movie, I was expecting some lame art school film, not Ed Burns and Debra Messing. Big name actors? Nice job.

I hope this works. I'd love to see a lot more films get made with smaller budgets and great stories. iTunes seems like the perfect way for that to happen without a monolithic Studio standing in the way.

The only problem I have is knowing that I want to spend $10 on a movie I haven't seen. Of course, I'd spend more than that going to the theater, but there's a mental disconnect there.

That was my concern as well. Being the first to attempt this, and without a lot of promotion, I would have liked to see a $4.99 price tag. At that price, I think you get a ton of people to buy on impulse. At $10 -- even if it is cheaper than what you'd pay for a trip to the theater -- it still feels like a lot of money. Particularly for a digital download.

What I'd really like to see is Apple put it's marketing power behind the film. Advertise the hell out of it on TV, right along side their iPhone, iPod Touch and Mac commercials. Sure, they'd take a hit now, but if they can show that this film made the producer (Ed Burns) a bundle of cash, you might start seeing others like James Cameron, Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Smith and Robert Rodriguez give it a try. When that happens, iTunes sales skyrocket and Apple reaps the profits.

rockosmodurnlif
Nov 20, 2007, 06:24 PM
And yes, Ed Burns has done some turds, but some of his stuff is good. I caught Sidewalks of New York on HDNet one night. Id never even heard of this movie, but it was surprisingly VERY good.

Oh, that's who Ed Burns is? I saw that film. And that's pretty much all I have to say about it.

Anyone going to review the movie?

happydude
Nov 20, 2007, 06:35 PM
i think this is the way the industry is headed. personally i'd so much rather download the movie than go to the theatre with people talking and unwrapping candy during the movie. plus, if you can have the digital copy for all time, if the movie is awesome, don't have to spend the $12-15 on a ticket AND then $20 on the dvd later. i'm sure this will be the first of many in this new wave!! congrats apple for setting the trend again.

VoodooDaddy
Nov 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
Oh, that's who Ed Burns is? I saw that film. And that's pretty much all I have to say about it.

Anyone going to review the movie?

I take it you didnt like it :)

John Musbach
Nov 20, 2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

9to5mac (http://www.9to5mac.com/first-itunes-feature-length-Purple-Violets-67674877) reminds us that the first feature film (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/23/apple-attracting-indies-to-itunes-movies/) to be launched exclusively on iTunes is opening today. Written and directed by Edward Burns (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0122653/), Purple Violets is a romantic comedy starring Selma Blair, Debra Messing, and Patrick Wilson. A preview page (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewVideo?id=267924264&s=143441) is already available on iTunes (though ordering is currently unavailable) along with a trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/purpleviolets/trailer/).

The LA Times notes (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-burns20nov20,0,1658276.story) that this digital-only distribution experience may take some getting used to:

But director Edward Burns wants his fans to be able to see his films when they are released, and not face the same issues with limited distribution that he has dealt with in the past. Online film distribution also eliminates printing and distribution costs. That being said, the ultimate success of a film may be limited by this form of distribution. Apple's vice president of iTunes reveals that while the most popular movies have sold "hundreds of thousands" copies each, no single iTunes movie has broken the 1 million download mark.

iTunes Link: Purple Violets (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewVideo?id=267924264&s=143441)

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/20/first-itunes-movie-premiere-purple-violets/)

This sounds pretty awesome to me, personally I have no problem with playing movies on my computer with friends...all you need is a good projector :)

MacQuest
Nov 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
EXACTLY what I was thinking (AppleTV).

The reporter from LA Times is a tard:

"your date would have to be cool with coming over to watch the movie on your laptop. Or desktop. Or even on the gorgeous little 3-inch by 2-inch screen of your iPod Touch -- since nothing says romance like sharing ear buds."

Again, he's a tard.

This could spur a nice little movement for indie films as well as iTunes exclusive "major" films.

Time to get an AppleTV. ;)

Ok, so I got a response from David Sarno, the LA Times reporter who wrote the article after I sent him a link to AppleTV's page on Apple's website:

"Yep, a few people have said the same. I was focusing on the iPod because that's what it was sent to me on (DRM such that I could not transfer it to a laptop or other device), and no component video cable. So I decided to make the article about the very very small screen. Part of me was trying to avoid making it a littany of Apple viewing devices, but a mention of Apple TV probably would've been fair."

Out of respect for his courteous response, I'll retract my stance that "he's a tard", and re-word my opinion to state that while he was apparently aware that AppleTV was a viable solution, he simply omitted that fact to avoid going off on a tangent about other Apple viewing devices.

ibrainch
Nov 20, 2007, 10:43 PM
just watched the movie and it was actually pretty good (in a chick-flick sort of way). definitely worth the $12.99 and laptop or apple tv viewing experience was great. hope we will see more of these direct-to-itunes movies in the future or at the very least a better selection of new releases than they currently have.

rtdunham
Nov 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
[b]Out of respect for his courteous response, I'll retract my stance that "he's a tard"...

that's big of you. and appropriate. but ouch! let's not overlook your original "tard" comment as a classic example of online commentary surpassing judgement. I doubt you'd have said that to his face. if you would have, well... bottom line is, who's the 'tard now? we should all keep your experience in mind when we're tempted to sling the verbal **** before thinking. sometimes those moments come back and slap us in the foreheads, and end up saying more about us than the person we were trying to slam. I'm old fashioned: a little civility never hurts.

on a more serious note, a review of the movie: it's your typical boy has girl; boy loses girl; boy gets girl back, with the same narrative flow for the girl, too, since they're a little ambigous about who dumped whom. but most stories hark back to a handful of classic plotlines. almost every religion has its own legends paralleling Christian tales. so the real question is, is this version done well? I thought it was engaging. there are minor and major characters who don't follow the expected line, and that's always a good thing. personally, i prefer action movies. and i watch movies to BE entertained, not looking for shortcomings to critique. As an experiment in online marketing, it's a worthy effort, imho.

MacQuest
Nov 21, 2007, 01:04 PM
that's big of you. and appropriate. but ouch! let's not overlook your original "tard" comment as a classic example of online commentary surpassing judgement. I doubt you'd have said that to his face. if you would have, well... bottom line is, who's the 'tard now? we should all keep your experience in mind when we're tempted to sling the verbal **** before thinking. sometimes those moments come back and slap us in the foreheads, and end up saying more about us than the person we were trying to slam. I'm old fashioned: a little civility never hurts.

I'm making an exception for this guy because he isn't the typical, run of the mill technology tard that most anti-Apple/Mac microsoft/windows pundits are.

He is an exception to the rule, not the norm.

Most of theses clowns are ill informed, speculative and sensationalist *******s who would never admit to having overlooked something the way that David Sarno has.

To put it bluntly (screw civility, this is war) more often than not, they're tards.

Maybe not at the level of Enderle, Thurrot, or Dvorak, but tards nonetheless.

lofight
Nov 21, 2007, 01:05 PM
Seems like a very funny movie, after looking the trailer..

deleuth
Nov 30, 2007, 10:43 PM
Wow this story is way late. Purple Violets might be the first on iTunes but a movie called RUNE (http://www.runethemovie.com) was released last year around the same time. HOLLYWOOD REPORTER ran a big story on it, PC World, Yahoo...couple of places. It was the first film to debut only on the iPod. Of course it was Creative Commons so I guess :apple: didn't take it seriously enough to pimp it like they are Purple Violets. Hmmm.

ntrigue
Dec 1, 2007, 12:33 AM
I enjoyed this movie thoroughly. My girlfriend likes the actor so she and many other women will enjoy this easy-going-not-as-cliched-as-one-might-think film.

JABevan
Dec 1, 2007, 12:54 AM
"...your date would have to be cool with coming over to watch the movie on your laptop. Or desktop. Or even on the gorgeous little 3-inch by 2-inch screen of your iPod Touch..."

Huh? Where's this guy been?? I watch movies on my TV playing from my iPhone all the time with my Apple AV Component Cables (these aren't new, and you've been able to do this since the first video iPods). The picture and image quality is fantastic and only going to get better.

LizKat
Dec 11, 2007, 08:46 AM
Another plug for the AppleTV here. I pre-ordered the movie and at about 11PM EST last night, I got an email from Apple letting me know that it was ready to download. Twenty-five minutes and 1.15 GB later, the movie looked gorgeous on my AppleTV/42" plasma. I won't watch it until later, when my honey is over for date-night.

Aside from "event movies," I won't go anywhere near my local theater. The movie-going experience has declined with the advent of cell phones and the seeming break-down of civil society in general. :p

LOL, the movie-going experience even back in the 1970s in the upper west side of NYC wasn't all that civilized... Columbia students having sex in the loges, political activists cutting loose batches of white lab rats in the main aisles or setting off the occasional stink bomb to protest US interference in Chilean elections, etc etc etc. But the price was right on Saturday night (a buck!) and it's true there were no frickenCellBells back then :)

operator207
Dec 11, 2007, 12:09 PM
LOL, the movie-going experience even back in the 1970s in the upper west side of NYC wasn't all that civilized... Columbia students having sex in the loges, political activists cutting loose batches of white lab rats in the main aisles or setting off the occasional stink bomb to protest US interference in Chilean elections, etc etc etc. But the price was right on Saturday night (a buck!) and it's true there were no frickenCellBells back then :)

Ahh the good ole' days. Though we had to walk up hill both ways in the snow to get to school/work back then. I guess its a toss up. ;)

I am not quite old enough to remember the 70's all that well, though I remember the 80's quite well. Movie night, with the family, consisted of going to the Cinemark theatre, for a buck. And if you had a cell phone back then, you had enough money to goto the nice theatre.

Matiek
Dec 11, 2007, 01:17 PM
I can't justify paying $14 for a movie I've never seen and will never be able to hold in my hand. If the price was closer to say $5-$6 dollars I would have done it just for the gimmicky value of the first movie to be released on Itunes. If I'm paying that much money for the movie I should be able to burn a dvd playable disc of it.