PDA

View Full Version : Airport is soooooo slow....

jacobj
Sep 21, 2003, 12:40 PM
Hi,

Since the last couple of updates of the Airport Extreme software my internet access has become so slow. Right now I have plugged my broadband ethernet modem straight into my powerbook. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have they managed to fix it.
Any tips would be good because it is really really starting to get on my nerves.

thanks all

iJon
Sep 21, 2003, 01:04 PM
nope, mine has been working like a champ. it has a minimal difference then actually being hard wired. how far away are you? and are you getting slower speeds but having the same range as before.

iJon

LimeLite
Sep 21, 2003, 01:30 PM
If you're using APE and your computer is within 50 feet of the base station (meaning that you're operating at 54Mb/s) then there should be no noticeable difference in speed between wired and not wired. And even if you're out of the Extreme range and just going at 11Mb/s you shouldn't technically notice a difference.

Remember: 11Mb/s = about 1.375MB/s, and 54Mb/s = about 6.75MB/s. APE wasn't designed for faster internet connection, it was designed for a faster connection between the computers on the network.