Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Are there any flatbed scanners out there with support for OS X yet? I need something both for scanning in art and for document management. If there's more than one, I'd want recommendations.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I'm with u...

soon I'll be needing a flatbed scanner that also has trays for negatives, slides & various sized transparencies... ;)

blogo

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2002
Canon got some flatbend scanners with osx support, but they are still in beta.

Anyway, my canon scannor works great

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by atodd
My Microtek scanner makes a dern nice paperweight in OS X. Works in Classic mode though (with Photoshop).

i got an epson one for christmas and (as far as i know) doesn't work in x yet. though it IS at home and i'm at school.

you'd think that scanners, printers, etc would be some of the first things to get support...

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I bought an epson colour 580 (talking low end)
But epson only support the 900 something an up and I was a little pissed off at that
they have to support consumer printers as well, its just not fare

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Some of Canon's current scanners have beta OS X drivers, although they only work in Photoshop and Office (not GraphicConverter). They can also be used in Classic, which works well but is probably not very desirable.

Alex

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.