Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecube84

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2001
ohio
I heard from somewhere that apple has unofficialy announced PDAs????!?!? Does anyone know anything about this?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Post # 100

... this is my 100th post...

any way, there have been rumors like that going arround for a long time. The newton bombed out but I think Apple could pull off a PDA, the oly problem... what to use as an OS. There is still compition right now and Palm works with the Mac OS currently. I would like to see one but I have only heard wispers about it and no realy reports.

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
I read a article a couple weeks ago on what Apple should do: They should buy out Palm, revolutionize it in the same means as what the iMac did to the computer world. By buying out Palm, they would secure the PDA market. Giving it a new design would make it stand out from the others. Making everyone want to by a "different" PDA

Obsidian

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
I would like to see another apple PDA because the newton was great, and still is.

But, as I read on this forum, and agree with, pretty much everyone who needs a PDA already has one. I already know a few people who have them, and the last thing they need is another PDA. My neighbor and his wife have 5 between them ranging from casio to palm, to handspring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.