Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nadasive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Henderson, Nevada
Good afternoon.

My 20 gig iPod photo is not working the way it shoud. When i turn it on it would show the sign of an iPod with unhappy face, that was yesterday. Since yesterday i left my ipod off and disconected it from everything i thought if i drained the battery it might work so then i can restore it and stuff... Well just now I connected my iPod to my computer, nothing came up not even the charging picture. I connected it to the outlet after and this time the screen darkened and it back to staying off.

Could this be hardware problem ??
i would buy a new one but I can't afford it at the moment.

Does anyone no a different alternative to fixing it??

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
I had a similar problem and accidentally let it run flat, that actually made things a little more complicated. Essentially I just kept trying to reset it while leaving it on charge. I think I gave up for a day, left it on charge and tried it again the following day and it eventually reset itself.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

Check out that link if you're not sure on how to reset your iPod.

I got my iPod photo the day they came out (when they were called iPod photos and not later iPods (with colour screens!). It was expensive but it's never packed in completely on me. Reset it a couple of times but apart from that it's been hard as nails for saying it was the first colour screen iPod, and probably in the first big batch they made. Good luck.

Nadasive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Henderson, Nevada
I know how to reset, but the problem is that I can't...
When I connect my iPod to Power, nothing happens... at all.
You know how the charging sighn should appear when its charging, it doesn't
I don't even think it is charging... I like that iPod a lot and don't want to replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.