PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro a bit laggy

mrchainsaw5757
Nov 24, 2007, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, i was wondering if there are some apps or anything i can do to keep my fairly new Macbook Pro clean, speedy, and not so laggy between programs. Any ideas?

Muncher
Nov 24, 2007, 11:50 PM
Lagging? A new SR MBP? 2 questions come to mind: a) when did you get it? and b) do you have any virus scan programs or anything else constantly running in the background? Adding more apps is only going to slow you down more.

Maybe you need more memory? My 1GB iMac huffs and puffs whenever I do more than 3 things on it.

Give us more information, something to work with so we can help you.

mrchainsaw5757
Nov 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
Well i mean, i know a fairly good amount about computers. And i usually dont have too many Apps running at the same time. I got my MBP this summer with the SR update. And im probably just over exagerating about it running slow but it does seem a little laggy in between programs like opening and closing them and such. I dont know maybe im just going crazy. I was just wondering if theres any program to like help clean up old built up junk like on PC's. Oh and i have 2GB of ram

joegomolski
Nov 25, 2007, 06:06 PM
I can think of several of things that might be going on.

Have you checked permissions, look in utilities, for Disk Utility. And see what comes up.

How much RAM do you have installed. For better performance I recommend at least 2GB of RAM. 4GB is even better.

Which hard disk did you choose? If it's a 5k, know that 5K is a slow HDD, if you want performance upgrade to a 7K HDD.

I have noticed that when I loaded my Mac up with a bunch of utility programs. You know the type, "this program will solve a specific problem". I I loaded up on many of these programs and suffered problems with my system.