PDA

View Full Version : Suggest some songs to take travelling on my iPod

Kardashian
Nov 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'd like some new music to put on my iPod for when I go travelling.

I love Sarah McLachlan and things similar to her.

Suggest albums or individual tracks.

Music used in Brothers & Sisters, Nip/Tuck and The O.C is also liked a lot.

I've been really into Lauryn Hill etc as well..

Really open minded - not really into my 'rock'.

Thanks. L)

rockosmodurnlif
Dec 2, 2007, 09:31 PM
Not big into Sarah myself but out of my collection, cause I think she's a singer/songwriter, I'd recommend Brandi Carlisle, Emma Burgess, Sara Bareilles and Tori Amos.

imac/cheese
Dec 3, 2007, 04:04 PM
Not big into Sarah myself but out of my collection, cause I think she's a singer/songwriter, I'd recommend Brandi Carlisle, Emma Burgess, Sara Bareilles and Tori Amos.

Tori Amos is great. I second that recommendation.

Tom B.
Dec 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
Kanye West. The College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation are all excellent albums. It may not be what you are into at the moment, but if you are really open minded it doesn't matter. :)

mpw
Dec 3, 2007, 04:37 PM
It's Raining Men - by The Weather Girls. Don't get the Geri Halliwell cover, it's not as good as the original.

Delapaix
Dec 4, 2007, 01:55 PM
Lane Mikels. 'Power', 'Pearl' a few other good ones on 'Invisible Cities' avail. on iTunes

GD

Kardashian
Dec 7, 2007, 04:14 AM
Kanye West. The College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation are all excellent albums. It may not be what you are into at the moment, but if you are really open minded it doesn't matter. :)

Got them.. and love them!

Z.Beeblebrox
Dec 10, 2007, 11:15 AM
I would also vote for Tori Amos and reccommend Bjork. I think she has a greatest hits collection, if you want to try a sampling of her vast catalog.

LizKat
Dec 10, 2007, 12:10 PM
Try some of Natalie Merchant's songs

from album Tigerlily - "San Andreas Fault", "River" and "Where I Go"

from album Ophelia - "Break Your Heart", "My Skin" and "Frozen Charlotte"