PDA

View Full Version : Latest iPod version solve skipping, shock and/or gidder problem?

Chomolungma
Sep 22, 2003, 10:28 PM
I'm seriously thinking about buying an iPod for use in my daily run. Do you guys know if the latest version of iPod solves the skipping problem that we've being hearing about in past version?

Thanks guys,

Chomo,

tomf87
Sep 22, 2003, 10:41 PM
I have the 15GB version and the only issue I've seen is battery life. Of course, if Apple says you'll get 8 hours, then expect 6-7. You just have to love theoretical numbers thrown out there for marketing purposes.

rainman::|:|
Sep 22, 2003, 10:53 PM
personally i maintain that most people with skipping problems are not treating their ipods right. mine has held up to a lot more than jogging without skipping... but it is still a disk drive, and if you can manage to keep the thing continually in a state of disfunction for more than 20 minutes, there's something wrong.

the only way to fix this problem, then, would be to add more and more RAM, until the thing is solid-state. it would cost many thousands of dollars, however.

pnw

Chomolungma
Sep 23, 2003, 10:06 PM
Come to think of it, I run on the road a lot, and rely on my hearing to stay out of danger.

Got to go to bed...early day tomorrow....
:D