PDA

View Full Version : Help Understanding Java Assignment

lucent
Nov 25, 2007, 08:34 PM
I really don't understand what my assignment is that my professor gave me... can anyone help explain it a little better? here it is.....

1. Construct a class definition that can be used to represent an employee of a company. Each employee is defined by an integer ID number, a floating point pay rate, and the maximum number of hours the employee should work each week. The services provided by the class should be the ability to enter data for a new employee, the ability to change data for a new employee, and the ability to display the existing data for a new employee.
2. Include the class definition created in 1 in a working Java program that asks the user to enter data for three employees and displays the entered data.

Thanks for ANY help on this

HiRez
Nov 25, 2007, 09:19 PM
If you don't know how to construct a class, you'll have a hard time with this, but basically, "is defined by" means object properties (variables belonging to the objects defined by the class), and "services" should make you think of methods (code that acts upon the properties). You need to fill out the class with properties and methods, then create a program whereby your class creates instances of Employee objects, lets the user fill in the data, and displays it.