PDA

View Full Version : A Blackberry to rival the iPhone?

MacBytes
Nov 25, 2007, 10:15 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: A Blackberry to rival the iPhone? (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20071125231554)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Tsuius
Nov 25, 2007, 10:34 PM
Further evidence that the iPhone will never arrive in Canada?

SPUY767
Nov 25, 2007, 10:58 PM
Missed the target my ass. They may or may not have had a phone planned for release in the 2nd half of this year, but it's a safe bet that if they did, they scrapped it as soon as they saw, and decided to attempt a clone of, the iPhone.

Passante
Nov 26, 2007, 05:20 AM
A smart phone without a keyboard will never work.:rolleyes:

jamesi
Nov 26, 2007, 05:41 AM
well yea, a blackberry is better for the business-person. an iphone is pretty and does some amazing functions, but the ease of use with the internet is not that big of a selling point to those who use their phone in conjunction with work. not that the iphone doesnt work well, just not as well as a blackberry. but i dont think apple was aiming the iphone for that sector anyways

synth3tik
Nov 26, 2007, 05:50 AM
What these companies are doing instead of trying to create something totally new that will far surpass the iPhone is just to make their own iPhone type device. I don't see how they can not get that it will fail. You can't just run around making copies.

I wish these guys would get at least half way to Apple's originality.

nagromme
Nov 26, 2007, 06:41 AM
... the ease of use with the internet is not that big of a selling point to those who use their phone in conjunction with work.

That was probably true in the past, but not so true in the future.

Orng
Nov 26, 2007, 09:51 AM
What these companies are doing instead of trying to create something totally new that will far surpass the iPhone is just to make their own iPhone type device. I don't see how they can not get that it will fail. You can't just run around making copies.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that Research In Motion, the creator of the BlackBerry, would be accused of lack of originality.

Just because a few technophile VPs grab up iPhones because it's the latest and greatest toy (The same VPs who bought brand new Vista laptops the day it came out) has no measurable effect on the actual business market that RIM has wrapped up.

Trust me, RIM is not scared of the iPhone. The iPhone hasn't dented RIM's prime market. Their stock went up the day the iPhone was released. They have been hiring and growing like crazy all year, and now that Google is moving a research facility in next door, things are looking up even more. They are buddies with Open Text, the go-to company for corporate data management. They are smelling like roses no matter how many iPhones Apple sells.

dukeblue91
Nov 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
Never thought I'd live to see the day that Research In Motion, the creator of the BlackBerry, would be accused of lack of originality.

Just because a few technophile VPs grab up iPhones because it's the latest and greatest toy (The same VPs who bought brand new Vista laptops the day it came out) has no measurable effect on the actual business market that RIM has wrapped up.

Trust me, RIM is not scared of the iPhone. The iPhone hasn't dented RIM's prime market. Their stock went up the day the iPhone was released. They have been hiring and growing like crazy all year, and now that Google is moving a research facility in next door, things are looking up even more. They are buddies with Open Text, the go-to company for corporate data management. They are smelling like roses no matter how many iPhones Apple sells.

Right on and thats why they are coming out with a iPhone clone.

Err wait that doesn't make sense:confused:

macFanDave
Nov 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
It comes from New Zealand.

I don't know why but New Zealand seems to be the world's largest exporter of anti-Apple FUD (it rivals sheep products). Hyping Apple's rivals is just one way those crazy kiwis throw stones at Apple.

I don't know why there is this rotten core in NZ, but I just shut down when I see the .nz on the address of a story that pertains to Apple.

Rodimus Prime
Nov 26, 2007, 05:17 PM

This is sad just because OMG some one coming out with a product like apple they must be coping. The iPhone has not been out even for 6 months. They would not of had the time to copy the idea and still have the next blackberry far enough a long for a release today. The iPhone design is NOT ORIGINAL. Others companies already either had or where going to have products like that on the market when the iPhone was announced to the public. Palms already run with out a keyboard so it not a release stretch to see them move over to the phone that way as well. It just the techology for a touch pad good and cheap enough to replace the keyboard on a phone.

I get rather sick of seeing apple fan scream every time something could remotely be coping them. Hell if apple comes out with a product 2nd with in a year they will be saying that the original person copied apple.

winmacguy
Nov 26, 2007, 10:57 PM
It comes from New Zealand.

I don't know why but New Zealand seems to be the world's largest exporter of anti-Apple FUD (it rivals sheep products). Hyping Apple's rivals is just one way those crazy kiwis throw stones at Apple.

I don't know why there is this rotten core in NZ, but I just shut down when I see the .nz on the address of a story that pertains to Apple.

I posted the article but I would have to agree with you. It may have a lot to do with Apple product pricing in both countries and the fact that we are very small markets that Apple pretty much ignores or has ignored in the last 7-8 years. Also the Mac market share down here is around 2-3% and according to Windows users if a product has 90% market share it must be a great product...right?! (by the same token if it only has 2-3% it must still be crap..?)

winmacguy
Nov 26, 2007, 11:01 PM
The iPhone design is NOT ORIGINAL. Others companies already either had or where going to have products like that on the market when the iPhone was announced to the public. Palms already run with out a keyboard so it not a release stretch to see them move over to the phone that way as well. It just the techology for a touch pad good and
The iPhone itself and what it does may not be totally original, but the way the GUI works and how it works has never been done before. That is what makes it an innovative product and what gives Apple the edge over the competition.