PDA

View Full Version : Cinerama Monitors

utilizer
Sep 23, 2003, 10:20 AM
Anyone take a look at the new Cinerama Monitors released? I wonder, how do these compare to the Apple displays?

http://www.go-l.com/monitors/cinerama/features/index.htm

The price is just right too! Take a look at that while you're there and give me a reason NOT to buy one of these puppies, when Apple releases some tweaked G5s @ MWSF 2004.

tomf87
Sep 23, 2003, 11:11 AM
How are they able to get a contrast ratio of 700:1? Everyone else is in the 350:1 range. I bet they are adding the monitors together, which puts you in the 250:1 range (poor).

That's probably why they are so cheap too.

KBFinFan
Sep 23, 2003, 11:13 AM
Is this company real? It just seems fake.. I don't know.. but certainly very cool!!

whooleytoo
Sep 23, 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by KBFinFan
Is this company real? It just seems fake.. I don't know.. but certainly very cool!!

Fake. But very funny! I started a thread about the site elsewhere.

Mike.

jrv3034
Sep 23, 2003, 12:15 PM
How can you tell it's fake? I mean, I'll be damned if I give 'em my credit card, but it seems like a perfectly legit online store. Of course, the monitors themselves seem too-good-to-be-true, but hey, you never know...

They also sell all sorts of stuff other than the monitors. Who are these people?:confused:

whooleytoo
Sep 23, 2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by jrv3034
How can you tell it's fake? I mean, I'll be damned if I give 'em my credit card, but it seems like a perfectly legit online store. Of course, the monitors themselves seem too-good-to-be-true, but hey, you never know...

Actually, some people are insisting they're real, but I just can't believe it.

- It's a complete rip-off of Apple's site design (adapted to use Windows XP style)
- The market speak is completely over the top ("CacheFlow™ Technology is a pre-emptive multi-threading artificial intelligence memory engine" what the?)

It must surely be a joke!

Mike.

utilizer
Sep 23, 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by whooleytoo
Actually, some people are insisting they're real, but I just can't believe it.

- It's a complete rip-off of Apple's site design (adapted to use Windows XP style)
- The market speak is completely over the top ("CacheFlow™ Technology is a pre-emptive multi-threading artificial intelligence memory engine" what the?)

It must surely be a joke!

Mike.

This was was reported by MacNN and that's how I found out about them. I was just curious on how they do display wise. Sounds like, not too good, considering that in order to get the full 700:1 resolution, you counting all 3 monitors to get to that number.

rhpenguin
Sep 23, 2003, 03:48 PM
I like that little bit on the bottom of that page that reads, "* Not responsible for typographical errors and omissions."

Now does were not a real company but were not going to tell you that an omission?

yamabushi
Oct 19, 2003, 04:02 AM
There is clear evidence that this is a fraud. Do not visit the site.

revenuee
Oct 19, 2003, 04:26 AM
Didn't we just finish argueing over this like 2 weeks ago... LOL

Rower_CPU
Oct 19, 2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by revenuee
Didn't we just finish argueing over this like 2 weeks ago... LOL

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39303