Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
Hi all,
just wondering if any of you wonderful, generous, hardworking Open Source idealists are interested in devoting a little programming time to developing GNU-cash to working in OSX without X11 and what that would involve?

Someone has already tried to do this but it's way over my newbie head...:eek: too many scary files to download and import into the right areas. Is there any way to tidy this up so that Gnu-cash works in OSX natively?

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz

Who wants a free business double entry book-keeping open source project for the Mac? I know I do. How do we kick-start a world-wide movement in this area? Basic office software like this should be free. It's not Photoshop with however many zillion lines of code... what do others think? If no-one here has the programming time, how else could we kick-start this?

garethlewis2

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2006
This is already part of the Fink tools.

If you have Tiger you should just install Fink then ask it to install Gnu-Cash.

If you have Leopard you will need to wait for the Fink team to update Fink to use Leopard.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
I don't care what you call it :eek::eek::eek: I just want to click on something to make it go, without having to find weird places to edit lots of code as appeared in the above window. Any solution that lets me click on GUI is fine by me.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.