Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

triton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2003
Hello,

I am in search for a good CRT for my new G5. I am a student studying graphic design, and doing a lot of print work right now. I was looking into the Sony FW900 24 inch model (I have a 21 inch right now, and it's ehhh....:rolleyes: ) Are there any out there that are KNOWN to be great for color and sharpness of text??

I do not want to go with a flatscreen quite yet, and cannot afford a high end monitor like a BARCO. I'm willing to spend around $3000 tops. If you can help me with some options, that be great!!

AngryAngel

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003
I've always liked Mitsubishi monitors.

At the moment, I have a pair of 19" Diamond Plus 93SB's on my G5, which match the colour of the G5 (the front of the monitors do at least), and have drilled holes all over the top, like the G5 has on the front.

See:
http://micklem.com/pmg5.html

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
Originally posted by onlydroops
I don't think you can beat the LaCie electron series monitors.

My thoughts exactly. I'm staring at one right now. The picture it beautiful. The reason I got this one is that when I visited a local press, all of their workstations used them.

onlydroops

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2003
Iiyama's Vision Master Pro 514 is also very nice... I'm not sure how much they are, but it'll do 1600x1200 @ 113Hz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.