Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Looking at Los Angeles, where we're going tomorrow, Leopard's weather widget (accuweather) predicts cloudy but sunny for friday, the yahoo app in the phone says full-on rain. What's more accurate, in your experience?

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
the weather is gathered from two different sources.

OSX widget is sourced from Accuweather and iPhone is sourced from Yahoo/Weather Channel.

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
yeah, i know, like I said in my post...:)

that'll teach me for not reading anything properly.
I've always found the OSX widget pretty accurate so I'd go with accuweather. Plus cross referencing my local weather with my Local BBC weather the one on OSX is far closer to that than the yahoo one.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
The most accurate weather widget I have ever found (and by which I judge the accuracy of other forecasts) is the Aviation Weather widget. It is totally accurate and updated very frequently. Just enter the location of the airport nearest to your point of interest. :)

Not much good on an iPhone though.

http://www.flightlevel.ch/widgets/aviation_weather/

The forecast for L.A. this afternoon shows scattered cloud at 20,000 feet and a light breeze, so you should see the sun! Enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.