PDA

View Full Version : Tibook audio line in?

thtsohan
Sep 24, 2003, 12:22 PM
I am at work for oneof my professors. I need to record some text onto his powerbook. I have a small mic I'd like to plug in but all I can find is the head-phone jack. Is there a line in on the Tibook?
Thanks

the future
Sep 24, 2003, 01:14 PM
Sure, it's between the modem and the S-video-port. (Speaking about the last generation Ti 867 here, I assume older TiBooks have an audio line in port as well.)

thtsohan
Sep 24, 2003, 01:20 PM
thanks, guess I was just being blind.

TEG
Sep 24, 2003, 01:21 PM
Before the second 867Mhz Ti Book, there was no line in. In the Newer ones, its between S-Video and modem, just above where the reset button used to be in the older TiBooks. Try the Griffen iMic if you don't have the new TiBook.

TEG

saabmp3
Sep 24, 2003, 06:25 PM
WRONG. I have a 667 DVI and it sure is back there. Right next to the modem.

BEN

ryme4reson
Sep 24, 2003, 07:09 PM
I have a 12" PowerBook. Is it possible to record music from my stereo to my PB via the line in? What type of conbector would I need? what about applications? Thanks.

weev
Sep 24, 2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by TEG
Try the Griffen iMic ...

TEG

Since you mention it, Would sticking the iMic into the USB and then a mike into the iMic hub offer any audio benefits over just putting a mic into the little line-in plug?

Like to hear about it, cheers. It's very on topic since we are talking about getting sound into the computer.