Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
In the am, I boot up the Powerbook which I run at home with an external monitor only. When I'm ready to go to work, I usually put the machine to sleep, shut off the external monitor, bring the PB out of Sleep on the PB screen, then close the lid. I usually try to awaken it about 90 minutes later at the office. Sometimes it wakes up, sometimes it doesn't. I literally have to hold in the power button, I hear it power down, then restart. I've tried the usual methods to awaken it, by striking the space bar, etc, but when it's out, it's out!!!

Any thoughts???

Thanks.

Fran k

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I've had the same problem. I found that the easier way is to open the TiBook, detect monitors, remove the external, detect again, and put to sleep by the Apple Menu, not closing, after its asleep, try it, then close and it should work fine.

TEG

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>hat OS version are you running?<<

Is there a newer one. I thought I saw there was, but Apple pulled it???

Frank

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>and put to sleep by the Apple Menu, not closing, after its asleep, try it, then close and it should work fine.<<

I do exactly that --- up until the final step. I'll try it and see.

Thanks.

Frank

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.