Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will be offering a one day sale in their international online stores similar to the U.S. Black Friday sale last week.

banner_blackfriday_20071130.gif

The sale has already launched in Australia and is being promoted in their many international Apple Stores.

Discounts appear to be comparable to the U.S. Black Friday sale.

Article Link

joosteggink

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2007
it looks like the wan't that the people buy mac's before januari propably because of the keynote:)

daddywags214

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
And to think, people whine that Apple didn't given them a good enough deal the other day, yet here they are, offering another sale. Apple doesn't owe us anything, but they sure know how to keep the customers happy. Thumbs up! Let's just hope no one whines about the prices they do set.

DanBUK

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
What discounts can we in the 'civilised' (as opposed to 'civilized') world expect?

Does anyone have the details of the US discounts?

Were the discounts on all hardware and software?

I want my girlfriend to get an macbook NOW!

ps I asked her if she would like me to get her the colour black for xmas! She politely declined. Our relationship has been a little strained since that conversation.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Does anyone have the details of the US discounts?

Were the discounts on all hardware and software?

I want my girlfriend to get an macbook NOW!

ps I asked her if she would like me to get her the colour black for xmas! She politely declined. Our relationship has been a little strained since that conversation.

Here is the details from the US Sale:

Apple Store
Sale is Over
Apple's online store and retail stores are participating as well. Apple's 5th Avenue Store was the first to open at midnight on the east coast. Prices on select Macs and iPods are discounted as follows:

iMac: $1148 ($51 off), $1398 ($101 off), $1698 ($101 off), $2198 ($101 off)
MacBook: $1048 ($51 off), $1198 ($101 off), $1398 ($101 off)
iPod Classic: $228 ($21 off), $318 ($31 off)
iPod Nano: $138 ($11 off), $188 ($11 off)
iPod shuffle: $68 ($11 off)

Free laser engraving on iPods. Also discounts on many accessories, including Airport Extreme Base Stations ($21 off) and Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse ($11 off). Discounts can not be stacked with educational discounts.

Apple Related Deals
The following deals are of genuine interest, but purchases made through the links will also support MacRumors.

MacMall
Sale is over but some discounts remain
Up to 22% off Macs and iPods in their 48 hour Thanksgiving sale. Pay attention what you are buying, however. The biggest discounts ("Closeouts") are on the previous versions of hardware, but even new hardware has reasonable discounts. For example, the older MacBook Pro can be had for $600 off, but even the newest MacBook Pro can be had for $300 off ($150 instant, $150 mail in). Discounts available for all Mac models and iPod models.

MacBook: $974 ($125 off), $1162 ($137 off), $1341 ($158 off)
iMac: $1135 ($64 off), $1354 ($145 off), $1628 ($171 off), $2099 ($200 off)
MacBook Pro: $1799 ($220 off), $2235 ($264 off), $2499 ($300 off)
Mac mini: $544 ($55 off), $744 ($55 off)
Mac Pro: $2235 ($264 off)
iPod Touch: $269.99 ($29.01 off), $359.99 ($39.01 off)

Update: If you can't get through to MacMall, Amazon has similar deals. Instant savings + Mail in Rebate.

Parallels
Through our affiliate vendor, Digital River, you can get $10 Off Parallels Desktop 3.0 or $10 Off on Parallels 3.0 Upgrade.

$100 off Mac Office 2004 + Free Upgrade to Mac Office 2008
Sale is Over
Microsoft's Business unit is offering a $100 rebate (rebate PDF) in addition to the Super Suite Deal which lets you upgrade from Mac Office 2004 to Mac Office 2008 for the price of shipping and handling.

Details: November 23rd only (must be dated on receipt), buy Office 2004 Mac Standard, Standard Upgrade or Student and Teacher and send in $100 Mail in rebate (PDF). Then submit the Super Suite Deal to upgrade to Office 2008 (when released) for shipping and handling.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
UK
Are there likely to be discounts on the "Pro" kit (ie - Mac Pros and Cinema Displays) - if so, how much?

xavpil

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
$51 off on a computer!!! Whaoo

I don't call this sales "sales".
The price reductions are ridiculous.
It's basically %5 off. And I don't think this generated extra sales for Apple. Do you guys think some people are dumb enough to say "of, there's a $51 rebate on the MacBook, I can't miss this opportunity!"
Apple could have done better.
But I still think they are the best regardless.

daddywags214

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't call this sales "sales".
The price reductions are ridiculous.
It's basically %5 off. And I don't think this generated extra sales for Apple. Do you guys think some people are dumb enough to say "of, there's a $51 rebate on the MacBook, I can't miss this opportunity!"
Apple could have done better.
But I still think they are the best regardless.

They're offering you $50 savings on a MacBook that you can't get at any other time. $50! That's a lot of money to some people.

KiraDouji

macrumors member
Just 5%?

5% off Apple products brought in loads of people over Black Friday/Saturday/Sunday. It accounted for somewhere around a third of my store's revenue that weekend and that's competing with video games/systems, cheap pc laptops, home entertainment and a whole ton of various computer parts and networking equipment.

If you dock it, they will come.

- Kira

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
They're offering you $50 savings on a MacBook that you can't get at any other time. $50! That's a lot of money to some people.

If you're spending £700 on a laptop then £20 probably isn't much to "some people". That would barely cover travel and dinner whilst going to an Apple Store!

fuziwuzi

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2007
Bris, Australia
i;m a student and eligible for education pricing. edu prices are (on the mid range mac book) are actually cheaper than the this discount. i was kinda tempted to rush in and get something, till i double checked the student pricing.

macFanDave

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2003
Is the rest of the world commercializing Christmas as much as we have here in America?

Here, the idea is that if you don't spend yourself into bankruptcy this month, then you are personally responsible for the collapse of the world's largest economy.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
And to think, people whine that Apple didn't given them a good enough deal the other day, yet here they are, offering another sale. Apple doesn't owe us anything, but they sure know how to keep the customers happy. Thumbs up! Let's just hope no one whines about the prices they do set.

Barf!

Apple is not your god
Apple is not your friend
Apple did not give birth to you, feed or clothe you or look after you when you were poorly.

Apple just wants your money.

That is all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.