Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilmissae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I use Bootcamp to run Windows on my Mac.
My Windows currently has 10GB ..ram?
I only use Windows to run Sims, and I was wondering..
Is there a way I can get a little bit extra ram(?) put onto my Windows side of my laptop, from the Mac part.
Even if I only ended up with 11GB, it would be perfect!

..Sorry, I don't know if 'RAM' is the right word, I'm not very good with the technical side of computers.

Thanks heaps!
xx

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
What you're asking for is to be able to resize the Boot Camp partition on your hard drive.

I don't believe there's any way to do this out of the box, but you might be able to with iPartition.

I'd recommend trying to remove 1G of data from the drive though rather than trying to resize the partition if you are uncomfortable with the technical side of things.

B

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
You can resize but it will wipe all your data before resizing.
You'll have to reinstall all of windows again. There are ways to do a full back up before this wipe but i haven't tried them so can't comment on if they will work.

lilmissae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Thanks for your replies.

The IT guys at my school put BootCamp on for me, so I wouldn't have any idea how to uninstall it and then reinstall.

I've tried deleting as much as possible to free more space but there is nothing left that I could delete without ruining Windows. I've even deleted the games that Windows comes with.. Minesweeper and all those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.