Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Found on yahoo.de
Translation: Computer vendor Dell is planning to enter music business and will release the MP3-Player "Dell DJ" and the online music store "Dell Jukebox" this week. This is reported by the latest issue of the "WirtschaftsWoche" (German Business Magazine)

Der Computerhersteller Dell plant den Einstieg in das Musikgeschäft und wird noch in dieser Woche den MP3-Player "Dell DJ" sowie eine eigene Online-Download-Plattform für Musik mit dem Namen "Dell Jukebox" vorstellen. Das berichtet die aktuelle Ausgabe der WirtschaftsWoche

LINK

Start registering the domain "dellpukebox.com" now!!! :D :D :D

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
I highly doubt that Dell will do any type of music service. The genre isn't mature enough yet and its a high risk market right now Dell does not have a track record of "betting the farm" on anything risky. They are a play it safe company. An MP3 player is a play it safe item. A cheap fully featured PDA is a play it safe item. An online music store is not.

I think someone jumped the gun on this “report”. We will find out for sure later today. :)

[Edit\update: Wow. They actually are releasing a music store. :eek: ]

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Well... its not like Dell didnt come up with the idea of a music store first...:eek: :rolleyes:

Anyways... just as long as PC retards dont come up to me and tell me that Apple copied Dell on the music service idea, I really couldnt care less.

Apple is making all of its money off of macs downloading from the iTMS, so its not like this Dell service will even be direct competetion until iTunes for Windows hits the scene.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.