Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hey Everyone,

I haven't been shooting in the last few months for a few reasons. I guess I've just lost general interest for the time being (have been very busy) and even though I love fall/winter, I don't find them easy to photograph.

Are there any certain exercises or techniques to try in the Winter since it is sometimes hard to get outside and find subjects? 'Any certain things you like to focus on in Winter?

Share your thoughts!

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
'Any certain things you like to focus on in Winter?

If you're in the right place, come the end of winter try to catch snow falling from the trees, midair. It's a nice effect. You could really have fun with the idea I think–motion blur, multiple falls in one frame, etc.

If you want something time consuming, you can track animals' tracks.

JNB

macrumors 604
Winter in Phoenix means we can finally go outside! I know that taking the gear out in the nasty is a complete drag, but some of the most compelling and vivid photography I've ever seen was from winter shots. The bleakness of some landscapes, the nakedness of the flora, the feeling of time frozen along with the water, makes for some truly beautiful images.

I'm in St Cloud, MN, next week, and I'm tempted to take the gear with. Just tempted, mind you, as it's gonna be in the teens & single digits. I'm not completely stupid...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.