Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dornball

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
Denver, CO.
hey everyone.

please help me.
i was performing norton disk doctor on my Powermac G4 last night, from another laptop (via target disk mode). norton stopped becuase there was an error, and my HD didn't remount.
now when i start up, i get the folder with the question mark!

i tried booting off of the Jaguar OS 10.2 install CD, and then run disk utility, but the Hard Drive still wont mount.

what do i do? should i go buy the norton systemworks 3 CD and boot up off of that? (note: the norton i was using wasn't mine, it was the friends whose laptop i was using, and she doesn't have the CD with her.)

please help. i don't want to lose everything. i have about 85% of everythung backed up, but i haven't backed up in about 10 days because i've been moving. i don't want to lose all that work.

-dornball

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Open your g4 and on the motherboard there will be a red button, prees it itll zap the pram and do other default setting stuff. i wont hurt your computer or anything, when you boot it up prees apple-command p-r

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.