Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Hopefully it means improved support for the Mac.

And I hope they can get the Warcraft movie out sooner ;)

AppleWoW

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2007
SLC, Utah
As of right now if you go onto the world of warcraft forums for mac they have EXCELLENT service and quick replies. Would hate to see it go down the tubes but I dont see that happining. :)

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
You can't get much better than Blizzard's mac support. If anything, it will be worse.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Well, after reading a little bit more, I don't think we have much to worry about. Blizzard said everything will stay the same at their end, including their name. It seems as though Vivendi (Blizzard's parent company) did the actual merging, and they are using the name "Activision Blizzard" to simply capitalize on Blizzard's fame.

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
The way to really look at this is vivendi buying activation. They will have a majority share and more bored members in the new company. Over all I doubt this will have any immediate effect on current blizzard games.

Norse Son

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2005
Under Uncle Sam's Thumb
Vivendi Blows Chunks

The way to really look at this is vivendi buying activation. They will have a majority share and more bored members in the new company. Over all I doubt this will have any immediate effect on current blizzard games.

Vivendi is the same group of Eurotrash (no offense to cool Europeans) that sold/merged Universal Studios to/with NBC... And I think they're the main reason we've seen NBC shows pulled from iTunes. All they give a crap about is gouging consumers while robbing artists.

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
UK
I agree that in reality this probably won't change much, but in my heart there's a twinge of sadness. It seems like everything in the tech sector is moving towards a handful of large, ultra-powerful companies. It's capitalism i suppose.

Now MS just have to buy Yahoo, and Google Adobe and we'll be off again.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
I agree that in reality this probably won't change much, but in my heart there's a twinge of sadness. It seems like everything in the tech sector is moving towards a handful of large, ultra-powerful companies. It's capitalism i suppose.

Now MS just have to buy Yahoo, and Google Adobe and we'll be off again.

I agree. In a world with supercompanies like these, it would be very difficult for a new company to enter the gaming world and develop a game, as it will not have the resources the others will. So, we may end up having 2 or 3 supercompanies develop games, and that is never a good thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.