PDA

View Full Version : powerbook shipping troubles

excalibur313
Sep 25, 2003, 06:11 PM
Has anyone run into troubles with shipping of their new powerbooks? I ordered the 15 inch with everything standard but the hard drive. I also bought a hp all in one printer, 20 gb ipod, apple care, and a carrying case. The apple care and carrying case shipped out the next day (last wednesday) and arrived by last thursday. The printer shipped out from sacramento california the next day (last wednesday) and by friday it said it was in northern california. I checked the status yesterday and it was back in sacramento because of a misloading. Heres the great part. The ipod shipped out from the midwest on friday 2 day airborne express and on tuesday it says that it is in china. Yeah that's right I live in NH and they ship it from the midwest to china before it comes back to me. The computer shipped out that day 2 day air too from the midwest and is currently in taiwan. I called and the aireborn express guy said that apple lied about when it actually got sent out and due to a mix up with the company it is now over in the far east. Has anyone else run into problems with this?
Thanks,
Excalibur313

QCassidy352
Sep 25, 2003, 06:35 PM
airborne and apple seem to love to blame each other when shipping doesn't go right. It also seems that the new powerbooks are having a bit of a problem... ship times on the 15" have been pushed back to 5-7 business days (was 1-3 when they were first released) and people who ordered the 12" are getting "bumped" as well. Airborne's online tracking service also royally sucks, so you can't always go by what that says. :-/