Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poipu420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
and i have some questions. can i have all my itunes content stored on a usb hard drive connected to my mbp, stream to the apple tv?

are also my favorites lists can be viewed on the apple tv? id like to create a playlist of my favorite music videos and stream them to my tv.

if the videos are from youtube, do they look odd when displayed on a 50" tv?

thanks!

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
and i have some questions. can i have all my itunes content stored on a usb hard drive connected to my mbp, stream to the apple tv?

Yes

are also my favorites lists can be viewed on the apple tv? id like to create a playlist of my favorite music videos and stream them to my tv.

Apple TV doesn't support video playlists at this time.

if the videos are from youtube, do they look odd when displayed on a 50" tv?

thanks!

Some videos look better than others. None of them are great quality but are generally watchable.

Kevin

cohibadad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
streaming from a usb drive was slow for me when I tried it. It might have improved as streaming in general has improved for me (now I exclusively stream). Youtube quality is junky however you watch it. I watch on a 50" and it is fine for what it is. I enjoy Youtube on :apple:TV.

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
I stream from a PPC laptop whose iTunes library is on a SMB shared NAS volume without troubles.

The biggest area of concern for streaming is the network connection you have between ATV and the iTunes host; wired or N connections should work flawlessly and many people have had great experiences over G connections.

Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.