Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tweezerz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
I don't know where else to post this but I wanted to put it out there. I noticed that I go to AppleInsider more than MacRumors each day because I can read multiple headlines at one time.... On this site I have to scroll to read more news...

Just thought you might want the feedback. Please change this to a different Forum if it is not applicable here. I was unable to find a better place to post this.

Z

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If what you're interested in is a quick listing of article headlines and some intro text, why not use the RSS feed?

I have the opposite opinion...I don't like having to click through and wait for pages to load in order to see the articles over at AppleInsider. I much prefer having everything on the front page.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
My guess is that most people side with WildCowboy... in that I think we'd have a revolt if we moved to a list of headlines, and click to read the article format. That being said, it's not impossible to have that as an alternative view for people who really prefer it.

arn

Retired
May 16, 2006
One problem with RSS (I mentioned this a while back) is that you only get a line of the story...changing this would be nice, and give users the two options...

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
A full email of each new front page post would be good. Like I get from the Yahoo groups. Maybe that's just me. :cool:

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
If what you're interested in is a quick listing of article headlines and some intro text, why not use the RSS feed?

I have the opposite opinion...I don't like having to click through and wait for pages to load in order to see the articles over at AppleInsider. I much prefer having everything on the front page.

My guess is that most people side with WildCowboy... in that I think we'd have a revolt if we moved to a list of headlines, and click to read the article format. That being said, it's not impossible to have that as an alternative view for people who really prefer it.

arn

x2

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
I'm sure this would greatly complicate the front page, but what about collapsible articles?

The front page could be coded to load the full article, but only display the headline, and you'd only need to click on an expand button to expand the full article into view. The article text would already be loaded, just initially hidden from view.

I'm not sure that I'd prefer this, but thought I should suggest it.

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
^ That would be quite slick - for those who want it
Personally I side with WildCowboy in that I like to be able to scroll down the page, catch the headline and then read the article all in one page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.