Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BRUUUCE

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Chicago
I play a text based game where you attack each other. In this game, there is a newsfeed of all attacks. So if you get a kill shot, you can find it. I'm building a killshot logger/stat site where the user inputs their killshot and my site/database saves it and keeps track of all the data.

here is copy/paste of a kill shot:

Thu Jun 21 09:36:37 PDT 2007 SS Domesday damsel (#94) (MacDuff) PlayerName (#playerNumber) (ClanName) 9deaths / 0foodburned

to help this make sense, it goes, date / typeofattack / (killer) user, userID, clan name / (dead) user, userID, clan name / civilians kills

with the explode function, i can split everything into arrays because all the important info is separated by spaces. So everything was working until i realized the country names (bolded) could have spaces or multiple spaces. is there any way around this? Or am i going have to webfetch the whole newsfeed and grab by the tableIDs. I didn't want to go this route cause i want the user to input their kill shots, not my webpage constantly scanning for them.

hope this makes sense

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.