Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Porshuh944turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
just got a 4GB .nrg image file and can't mount it with disk image.

Does toast handle .nrg images?

How do I mount this thing?

---- i love easynews -----

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
I'm pretty sure that that is a Nero Image file. For some reason I think you can convert it to an .iso somehow and then mount it that way on your desktop. As far as I know, Toast can't open it.

BEN

zer0army

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Toronto
Yes, what you have is a Nero Image file. To convert it all you need is Toast. ( I used 6 but 5 should still work) Open Toast go to COPY>Image File. Import the .nrg file then go to File>save as and save your new converted file as a toast image. This worked for me. The file was then able to mount or be burned to a DVD. Hope that helps.

Porshuh944turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
ok, i got toast 6.

I went to copy, the clicked on "image file" and tried to bring in the .nrg file.. it says that it can't detect the file and either cancel or continue if you are sure it is a valid image file. i clicked continue and it asks me for pregap postgap information. then it puts it in the window but i can't find where to convert it to a toast image..

can you give me more details how to do this? man i sound like a n00b... lol

Porshuh944turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
saved as disc image.. tried to mount it and it said it won't mount it cause it has pregap (even thought i selected 0 pregap)... guess i'll have to burn it on dvd and see if it'll work

disc copy won't mount the new .nrg.toast file either.

i may just try nero on the pc when i get home... they don't make a nero for mac do they?

zer0army

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Toronto
Sorry I forgot to mention that part. Leave the pregap and postgap at 0. The sector size should be 2048 bytes. If it still doesn't work try a sector size of 2056 or 2352 bytes.

*correction* In my first post I said to choose "save as" from the file menu you actually want to choose "save as disc image" But I think you already figured that out.

Porshuh944turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
zer0 - sent you a pm.

i'll try the other sizes, but I did have it set at 0 postgap and 0 pregap... can't figure out why it said I had 150 pregap on there after it got done...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.