Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
Really like the case so far. Only downside is it attracts a lot of dust :(. Port covers do not fit exactly but I'm sure it'll work in over time. Definitely like the look and the grip it gives to the touch. Shipping was only $6 for me from the iskin website so its the same price basically as in store, but I also ordered an iskin duo for my gfs new nano so shipping was free over $50. The apple stores should be getting them in soon too. Not sure there are many cheap stores to buy these things these days unless you want a knock-off.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
I'm going to take some tonight when I get home. But the pictures from the iskin website are fairly accurate thickness wise:

touch_img5.jpg

csmitty

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Mine should be here monday and looking forward too it. It should hopefully be worth the 2 month wait. Which it dosn't seem to be something extremely special from the pictures. but we'll see. I've had other iSkin products before and found them to be the best i've ever tried. 5G video, and 2G nano. So really looking forward to it. If not then the griffin iclear is still a really really nice case too for 1/2 the price. just alittle slippery sometimes. thats why i like the iskins silicon.

britton45

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
i had the iskin for the 5th generation ipod and love it. So i got it for the iskin and do not like it as much because of the screen protector. The rubber protective part i like. It seems to me that the two do not fit just right together
it seems the two do not seal the ipod touch from dust where the two meet.
I ordered the otterbox for the ipod touch and like it more than the iskin touch.
just my opinion. tim

Cazlondon

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2007
Ooh, first post on the forums...

I haven't tried the iSkin, but I have bought a skin by ezGear - it fits well, I'm generally happy with it so far, but having some issues with the protective film for the screen (it wasn't responsive enough and I had to keep stabbing the screen to get it to work).

I've also tried using a protective film bought from the apple store but again the touch screen wasn't too happy.

Please let me know how you get on with the film included in the iSkin - my ipod's screen is currently 'naked'!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.