PDA

View Full Version : Coursey's latest article...

Rower_CPU
Apr 18, 2002, 12:48 AM
I LOVE this guy! He is almost doing more for the Mac platform than Apple's advertising department.
http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2861736,00.html

Here we have a tried-and-true, died-in-the-wool PC user who used to slam the Mac every chance he got. He took a bet/challenge to use a Mac for a month, and then report back how it went.

3 months later...he's still using his 800 MHz iMac2, and not about to give it up!

Gotta love it!

mac15
Apr 18, 2002, 01:34 AM
thats cool
now only if every PC user was like him
they were willing to try the MAC
If only they did we would have alot more happy computer users

Mr. Anderson
Apr 18, 2002, 08:48 AM
This is great.

AT ONE POINT, I even took a G4 PowerBook up to Microsoft for a few days. Everyone ogled the cool Titanium exterior and gave me only a little guff over the operating system. As I said to one (but only one) MS product manager, "See, I'm running Office--and here's Windows 2000 running on the Mac--you have a problem with that?"

You can't help but love the TiPB.

And the poll he has at the bottom, would you switch to a Mac

66% said yes!

Good news for Apple.

Taft
Apr 18, 2002, 12:56 PM
I've been waiting for a while for his final assessment of his Mac experience. I'm glad it was this favorable.

The one thing I found odd was his assertion that no web authoring tools were available for OS X. There has to be a tool available. Anyone know of one??

Matthew

britboy
Apr 18, 2002, 02:16 PM
"It's a whole lot more fun than my Windows machine"

I think he's just hit the nail bang on the head! Isn't that one of the main reasons why we all love the mac platform so much?

cleo
Apr 18, 2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Taft

The one thing I found odd was his assertion that no web authoring tools were available for OS X. There has to be a tool available. Anyone know of one??

They key is that he says "low-end" web authoring tools (or something like that) and then refers to running FrontPage on VPC. FrontPage isn't exactly cheap (I think it's comparable to Dreamweaver)... but someone who uses that would also probably be perfectly happy with Word's "Web authoring" (ha) tools. Maybe he's just ignorant. But at least he likes his Mac :)

D0ct0rteeth
Apr 18, 2002, 02:56 PM
adobe go live is on osx and there are some dreamweaver osx betas floating around...

coldfusion will be a while.....

and frontpage is very entry level (a step below dreamweaver...)

C-

mcrain
Apr 18, 2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
And the poll he has at the bottom, would you switch to a Mac

66% said yes!

Good news for Apple.

The poll isn't would you switch to a mac. It is would you switch systems pc->mac or vice versa or, would they have to pry your pc/mac from your dead fingers.

66% said they would switch. Since the majority of computer users are pc users, that's good for apple. On the other hand, if most of the people reading his review of the mac are mac users (as we all know, we read anything there is about macs while pc users avoid information), then that's bad for apple.