Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerry Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2002
Historic St. Charles
When would you want to bring your mail with you like this? I'm not criticizing, just seriously asking. I would think I could check my email in the time it takes to transfer it to my iPod. Maybe I'm wrong.

Now if I could access my .mac mail via my iPod over a wireless network, that would be something I think I could use, but I'm merging a rumor with this thread.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Originally posted by Jerry Spoon
When would you want to bring your mail with you like this? I'm not criticizing, just seriously asking. I would think I could check my email in the time it takes to transfer it to my iPod. Maybe I'm wrong.

Now if I could access my .mac mail via my iPod over a wireless network, that would be something I think I could use, but I'm merging a rumor with this thread.

I agree. I had an iPaq at my previous job. It could sync with outlook. that feature was totally useless, because to sync the email, Ihad to be at my computer where I could read it. Employer wouldn't spring for modems or wireless to get email remotely. tht was the only thing that would be useful.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i think it's stupid. by the time you get it there, you can read it on a much bigger screen.

What if it's a lengthy email, with a shopping list, or a list of directions etc. It'd be handy to have an easy way of taking it with you rather than printing it out.

Mike.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by whooley
What if it's a lengthy email, with a shopping list, or a list of directions etc. It'd be handy to have an easy way of taking it with you rather than printing it out.

Mike.

i guess if you need that, but there is also the notes feature. and there has to be the headers, so i think that it might be good if it were to take out the headers.

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
I think its a great idea....I usually can't read my mail in the morning and since I take my iPod with me anyways on the train (hour commute) I can keep up with all of my ongoing and endless arguments :D

Freakk123

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
Bronx, NY
This is awesome. I just upload all my emails, and read them during my frees at school. I only wish <Get on knees and pray> the ipod supported pictures so I could read the new FoxTrots I get from uComics every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.