PDA

View Full Version : My Wireless Set Up!

Balin64
Sep 26, 2003, 05:17 PM
Guys:

Got the mouse today, the BT set up is complete. I LOVE it. There are two concerns, however. Will get to them later. For now, here is my iMAc "Blanca" with her new friends...

Balin64
Sep 26, 2003, 05:18 PM
Is this the first mouse to grace the forums?

Balin64
Sep 26, 2003, 05:21 PM
All right: two things.

When the iMac goes to sleep, the BT devices do not wake it from sleep like the wired ones did. I have to reach around and tap the power button to wake it, then when it does, it will display a new graphic "connection lost" but in what feels like 5 seconds it reestablishes the connection.

Also, the mouse tracking is slower in this mouse. I like to zip around the screen and although the settings are the same, the wired Apple mouse seemed to accelerate faster. I'll see how I adjust.

But, all in all I am very happy!

Balin64
Sep 26, 2003, 05:50 PM
You see this.

Balin64
Sep 26, 2003, 05:51 PM
You see this. Once you turn the devices back on, they take about 10 seconds to function again. The optical sensor in the mouse is still top-notch. I can even use it on my leg wearing jeans. Schweet!

Balin64
Sep 26, 2003, 05:54 PM
...You get this nicens icon.

applemacdude
Sep 26, 2003, 06:03 PM
Cool, but i dont like the fact that it doesnt wake it from sleep, oh well it still cool

Balin64
Sep 27, 2003, 12:06 AM
Is your avatar what my girlfriend thinks it is? Two bananas going at it? Anyway, she is very close minded: she hates how much time I spend surfig macrumors as it is! So she got all huffy when she saw this thread when she got on to check her e-mail and the avatar started doing "its; thang." Oh well... but I actually had never paid attention to it until she said "what king of ********* up Mac webaites do you go to? Those bananas are having s*e*x. Blah, she just does not get it. I love the avatar now that she pointed it though... Yummm... new meaning to Banana Cream Pie!

applemacdude
Sep 27, 2003, 03:19 PM
Quote:" Yummm... new meaning to Banana Cream Pie!

Thats going on my sig!

simonh
Sep 29, 2003, 07:01 PM
Wake from sleep will work with only an internal Apple BT module or with the D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter. In both cases, you need to run the firmware updater software on the CD that comes with the wireless keyboard.