PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Boot Camp Assis. in Apps/Util. ??

boo-yee
Dec 5, 2007, 07:28 PM
I just bought windows xp and i am just trying to install through boot camp. I downloaded Boot Camp Beta 1.4 installation and set-up guide. On step 1 it ask to "open boot camp assistant (located in Applications/Utilities/) and follow the on-screen instructions." I can't find Boot camp Assistant in the utilities folder. I am using a white macbook with mac os x 10.4.11. Help Please.

SthrnCmfrtr
Dec 5, 2007, 07:45 PM
Did you install Boot Camp?

boo-yee
Dec 5, 2007, 07:54 PM
so co,

I didn't know i had to install it I thought it came on my mac in app/util folder. If not where do I get it.

webgoat
Dec 5, 2007, 11:35 PM
if you have leopard you should not have to download boot camp... its on your leopard install dvd if it doesn't show up in your utilities folder

edit: just saw you are running tiger... did you install boot camp after downloading?

boo-yee
Dec 6, 2007, 11:28 AM
I never downloaded boot camp, i only downloaded the pdf guide that tells you how to do it. Can I still get the download of boot camp? Where can i download it?

kkat69
Dec 6, 2007, 11:37 AM
I never downloaded boot camp, i only downloaded the pdf guide that tells you how to do it. Can I still get the download of boot camp? Where can i download it?

Have you tried to Google for it? Since Boot camp for Tiger is expiring Dec 31st I don't think Apple has a download for it and if they do it's probably pretty burried (I have found it once on apple.com after leopard came out)

But unsure if it'll still work or what's going on. It's definitely not supported after dec 31st for Tiger.

loughlast
Dec 1, 2010, 06:49 AM
hi guys,

am new here. i just bought a macbook Laptop and i try to install windows 7 on it. i tried to download bootcamp on my macbook, it's downloading but at the end of the download when i open the App. folder the bootcamp Assis. is no where to be found therefore i can't tell if it download and install.
Any help please?