Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Good morning/afternoon/evening.

My webmaster and I are looking for comments/ critiques/ criticisms and ways that we can improve our site to make it easier to navigate while at the same time not overloading visitors with information.

Thanks for your time/comments.

http://www.cavcountry.net

adom

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2006
UK
Hey robert.j.strain,

I think the site is nice. It has a great little simple layout to the design, with menu on the left - content in the middle/right - and relevant headers and footers. Its good and easy! Loading time for me is great (not sure about others), and it renders fine on Safari and Firefox (thought im not on my bootcamp partition, so no IE to view it in)

In terms of making your site easier to navigate, I think you have already done a good job in that sense. There seems to be a fair amount of information to be given to your viewers, and the expanding menu system is a good way to show more links & options to a viewer (at their desgression) - without placing it all on there at once.

The main thing for your coder to do would be to check up on the validation (check here, here and here), just to ensure that from a coding perspective - its constructed well.

Overall, looking interesting!

lil'homunculus

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
vancouver, bc
not loving the little whirlygig 'linky' thingys (buttons). I Always find that kind of movement on a page annoyingly distracting. Better off with a simple nice graphic (little grenades, perhaps?). Also, the grey links on the left of the page are too densely compacted together and could use a little breathing room-'kerning'.
Otherwise the site is bang-on. Uncluttered, readable and very navigable. Godspeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.