PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse/Transmitter

picklescott
Sep 28, 2003, 04:33 PM
Hello, I was considering purchasing the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (I want two buttons) for my new iMac. I also purchased the Bluetooth USB-Adapter for an extra 50 bucks (I can still return it tomorrow!!!). Basically, does the Microsoft Mouse come with a USB Bluetooth Adapter? If yes, will it work with future devices I might get (cell phone, etc.)? If it won't... then should I keep the USB D-Link Adapter I just purchased?

I need to make this decision tonight!!! Please help...

technocoy
Sep 28, 2003, 05:08 PM
yes it comes with an adapter, and yes it works with my other accessories... you should be fine. I just kept my d-link to carry with my powerbook, since the microsoft one is a little bigger.

hope that helps,

technocoy

picklescott
Sep 28, 2003, 06:54 PM
Cool, I'll take back the one I have now... I can always buy it again later...

riwanami
Sep 29, 2003, 05:27 AM
I have a question regarding those blue Microsoft Bluetooth Mice. Will they work on PowerBooks with bluetooth built in? Do you still need to install the USB reciever? I had an IBM ThinkPad T30 with Bluetooth built in, but was not compatible with the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse. (I also had to delete the internal trackpoint/pad drivers)

technocoy
Sep 29, 2003, 06:59 AM
before i took my new powerbok back it was working.

technocoy:(

robbieduncan
Sep 29, 2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by riwanami
I have a question regarding those blue Microsoft Bluetooth Mice. Will they work on PowerBooks with bluetooth built in? Do you still need to install the USB reciever? I had an IBM ThinkPad T30 with Bluetooth built in, but was not compatible with the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse. (I also had to delete the internal trackpoint/pad drivers)

I believe that this is only an issue on Windows based machines!

ownersbox
Sep 29, 2003, 07:59 AM
A small word of advice, I have the BT Mouse and Keyboard from MS, get the new one from logitech bc it has a craddle for the mouse. You would be amazed how the MS one eats batteries.

robbieduncan
Sep 29, 2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by ownersbox
A small word of advice, I have the BT Mouse and Keyboard from MS, get the new one from logitech bc it has a craddle for the mouse. You would be amazed how the MS one eats batteries.

Ah yes, but for the laptop user a cradle is not really worth carting around whereas spare batteries as small and light!