Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

picklescott

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Hello, I was considering purchasing the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (I want two buttons) for my new iMac. I also purchased the Bluetooth USB-Adapter for an extra 50 bucks (I can still return it tomorrow!!!). Basically, does the Microsoft Mouse come with a USB Bluetooth Adapter? If yes, will it work with future devices I might get (cell phone, etc.)? If it won't... then should I keep the USB D-Link Adapter I just purchased?

I need to make this decision tonight!!! Please help...

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
yup

yes it comes with an adapter, and yes it works with my other accessories... you should be fine. I just kept my d-link to carry with my powerbook, since the microsoft one is a little bigger.

hope that helps,

technocoy

picklescott

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
thanks!

Cool, I'll take back the one I have now... I can always buy it again later...

riwanami

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse with Bluetoothed Macs

I have a question regarding those blue Microsoft Bluetooth Mice. Will they work on PowerBooks with bluetooth built in? Do you still need to install the USB reciever? I had an IBM ThinkPad T30 with Bluetooth built in, but was not compatible with the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse. (I also had to delete the internal trackpoint/pad drivers)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse with Bluetoothed Macs

Originally posted by riwanami
I have a question regarding those blue Microsoft Bluetooth Mice. Will they work on PowerBooks with bluetooth built in? Do you still need to install the USB reciever? I had an IBM ThinkPad T30 with Bluetooth built in, but was not compatible with the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse. (I also had to delete the internal trackpoint/pad drivers)

I believe that this is only an issue on Windows based machines!

ownersbox

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2003
A small word of advice, I have the BT Mouse and Keyboard from MS, get the new one from logitech bc it has a craddle for the mouse. You would be amazed how the MS one eats batteries.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Originally posted by ownersbox
A small word of advice, I have the BT Mouse and Keyboard from MS, get the new one from logitech bc it has a craddle for the mouse. You would be amazed how the MS one eats batteries.

Ah yes, but for the laptop user a cradle is not really worth carting around whereas spare batteries as small and light!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.