Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zblaxberg

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
So I want to attempt to duplicate the picture below with my silhouette and maybe similar effects in photoshop. I've got the silhouette thing down but as far as the background goes, does anyone have any tips on what to do? By the way I'm very photoshop literate, I'm just not sure how to go about this.

AllTimeLow-SoWrongItsRight.jpg

If anyone wants to google a better quality image just google: so wrong its right

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I'd start with a few layers with gradients on them, and then erase the different areas so that it looks a little more like that one.

I've never even thought about attempting something like this, so I am not really sure. Good luck!

samwich

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2007
download some brushes, some that come to mind are "watercolor" type brushes, use these to paint on the different colors in the background.

jerryrock

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Amsterdam, NY
Start out by buying a good Photoshop book, like the Adobe Classroom in a Book Series. Complete all the lessons and then move on to an advanced book like Real World Photoshop CS3. :cool:

mbrellisford

macrumors member
May 29, 2007
Canada
• Looks like a Red to Yellow (Top to Bottom) background.
• Custom grunge brushes and others with a Yellow to Green to Blue gradient (Left to Right)
• Type can be achieved using warp effects (arc)
• The birds would be the same as your silhouette except with a gradient as well as a gradient mask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.