Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2002
hey i have recently broken my imac g4 plug and a piece of it got stuck inside the audio jack. now i cant plug my speakers in anymore. is there a USB to this speaker port converter? please help.!!

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Re: Re: imac g4 speakers

Actually, the iFire isn't available yet. And the iFire uses FireWire for power and mini jack for sound. (I have one of these on pre-order to try Pro Speakers with my iBook...)

Griffin's PowerWave is the best available option. It's more expensive, but a much more comprehensive product, allowing lots of different audio ins and outs, including the Apple Pro Speakers. And it uses USB.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
Re: Re: Re: imac g4 speakers

Originally posted by jimthorn
Actually, the iFire isn't available yet. And the iFire uses FireWire for power and mini jack for sound. (I have one of these on pre-order to try Pro Speakers with my iBook...)

Griffin's PowerWave is the best available option. It's more expensive, but a much more comprehensive product, allowing lots of different audio ins and outs, including the Apple Pro Speakers. And it uses USB.

so what if it uses firewire, he has an imac, imacs have firewire ports, i know, i have one too. and im assuming he only broke the little apple mini jack thing, and not the standard line out, which is what the ifire uses. ifire is the better option unless you need all the extra features on the powerwave. for the price of the powerwave, you could get a good new set of speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.