Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys,

Just bought the Canon Digital EOS Rebel, and it a wonderful camera for the money. I was gonna get the 10d but couldn't afford it and the g5 just didn't offer enough expandability, so this release was perfect. beautiful image quality and with the polarization lens it looks great! The only thing i think is better then canons digic are the foveons with their new image processor technology, those badboys are saweet! but at 8,000 a set-up, poor ol' me couldn't even come close. I also think there will be much more compatibility with the canon..

anyways, just wanted to give you guys my quick review! :D

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
uh, sorry

i thought it was in hardware discussion... wierd. Anyway, i wouldn't have let my fellow hardcore mac users know about the cool new camera if i had ran on over there now would i? didn't think so. thanks for the suggestion, but i think i'll leave it on macrumors, since there are alot of mac users who are also into photography. Don't be a moderator, just because you're not interested, doesn't mean no one else is.

mod: please move this to hardware and/ or general discussion section... thanks.;)

technocoy

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I was wondering how that camera would do since it bridges the gap. I'm glad it works for you. I used to sell a lot of Canon products but have used mostly Olympus and some Fuji.

Have you used any older Canon lenses on it? I've been wondering how well digital cameras work with lenses intended for 35mm cameras.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Re: uh, sorry

Originally posted by technocoy
Don't be a moderator, just because you're not interested, doesn't mean no one else is.

hey now, i'm very interested. i love photography and am actually a little curious about the camera. i just get really annoyed when people don't post in the right section. sorry if i came off a little harsh.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
hey business...

no insult taken...

sometimes it's hard to read somebody's
attittude through their posts... I also meant no insult, just letting you know that i didn't mean to post there!

thanks for the heads-up though.

technocoy;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.