PDA

View Full Version : MWSF 2008: Jan 14th MacRumors MeetUp RollCall

arn
Dec 9, 2007, 10:17 PM
Looking for a roll call on people interested in an official MacRumors reader gathering on January 14th (Monday) evening (prob start between 6 and 8). The keynote takes place on Tuesday, Jan 15th.

Time and Location to be determined, but it will be close to Moscone.

Please indicate if you are planning on coming and your age.

Thanks
arn

Doctor Q
Dec 10, 2007, 10:53 AM
Note to voters: Your user name will appear in the poll results so others will know who plans to be at the MeetUp!

Mac 13
Dec 13, 2007, 02:22 AM
Note to voters: Your user name will appear in the poll results so others will know who plans to be at the MeetUp!
I don't see your name on the poll Doc. :rolleyes:

szark
Dec 14, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'm still not sure if I can make it to MWSF, but if I do, I'll definitely be at the meetup.

kainjow
Dec 15, 2007, 03:33 AM
I didn't consider going until I saw this thread. The product I'm working on is going to be released at the expo, so I may book a flight. Would love to see San Francisco again :)

pjarvi
Dec 16, 2007, 02:44 AM
Maybe, I've never gone to MacWorld even though I live in San Jose. Only hurdle for me would be taking a day off of work, although i've got plenty of vacation time. Not much of a drinker myself, and not too familiar with SF. Last time I went to meet-up with some people in SF, we ended up in a "massage" parlor. :eek::o:D

agentdavo
Dec 18, 2007, 07:43 PM
Flying in from Nottingham, United Kingdom!

See you on the 14th!

David.

Dicx
Dec 18, 2007, 08:22 PM
Looking for a roll call on people interested in an official MacRumors reader gathering on January 14th (Monday) evening (prob start between 6 and 8). The keynote takes place on Tuesday, Jan 15th.

Time and Location to be determined, but it will be close to Moscone.

Please indicate if you are planning on coming and your age.

Thanks
arn

I'll be there Arn, get ready to stand in line at 4am Tuesday again!

Matthew Yohe
Dec 18, 2007, 08:50 PM
I plan to meet, I'm 24

but of note:

The specialty program "A Day at the Office: Microsoft Office 2008" will be ending with a panel session with the MacBU group at 6:30 on Monday and I will be attending... I assume no one else here will have this problem, but just saying.

mdodd
Dec 18, 2007, 09:49 PM
Hey, I am attending Macworld, but am under 18..
Where is this MeetUp going to be?
Can I not go?

Kingsly
Dec 18, 2007, 10:54 PM
I am 99.975439% sure I'll be there!

neutrino23
Dec 18, 2007, 11:37 PM
Maybe, I've never gone to MacWorld even though I live in San Jose. Only hurdle for me would be taking a day off of work, although i've got plenty of vacation time. Not much of a drinker myself, and not too familiar with SF. Last time I went to meet-up with some people in SF, we ended up in a "massage" parlor. :eek::o:D

Wow. What an adventure!

How amazing thought. People fly from Europe and Asia to visit SF and you are so close.

Doctor Q
Dec 19, 2007, 12:05 AM
I am 99.975439% sure I'll be there!This number seemed suspiciously over-precise.

So I checked it.

It turns out that Kingsly is exactly correct.

You're welcome.

vibelife
Dec 19, 2007, 08:36 AM
I'm still not sure if I can make it to MWSF, but if I do, I'll definitely be at the meetup.

Me too!!

Patricklove
Dec 19, 2007, 11:10 AM
...how compatible are they with a fake Canadian Driver's License?

tobefirst
Dec 19, 2007, 12:14 PM
...how compatible are they with a fake Canadian Driver's License?

I didn't know you needed a license to be a fake Canadian Driver. (;

Steve247
Dec 19, 2007, 12:15 PM
I'll be staying at the Pickwick, 'really looking forward to seeing the city and meeting up with you guys.

Steve

Patricklove
Dec 19, 2007, 12:35 PM
I didn't know you needed a license to be a fake Canadian Driver. (;

Yes, in fact, there's intensive testing involved before acheiving the honor of being a Fake Canadian Driver, it was quite difficult. But I'm more interested in going out for a beer or two while I'm in San Fran in Jan, Man.

nielsen
Dec 19, 2007, 01:26 PM
Flying in from Denmark, Europe to spend a week at MacWorld:cool:

See you on the 14th somewhere....

/Christian

sonofpismo
Dec 20, 2007, 04:54 AM
Last time I went to meet-up with some people in SF, we ended up in a "massage" parlor. :eek::o:D

More information please...
:cool:

aljawad
Dec 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
Flying in from Denmark, Europe to spend a week at MacWorld:cool:

See you on the 14th somewhere....

Hope to see you and the rest of our Cyber/Apple group of friends then - I'll be traveling from Kuwait to attend the event :)

pscoble
Dec 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
I will be attending the Keynote and conference yay I might be able to meet up if Im not that busy.

Kingsly
Jan 4, 2008, 11:59 PM
Have we decided on a location?

imacgeek
Jan 6, 2008, 11:35 AM
The date is getting closer, we need to decide a place, can we make it a Starbucks or something, it IS San Francisco! I will be there for sure.
:apple:world

aljawad
Jan 6, 2008, 11:52 AM
The date is getting closer, we need to decide a place, can we make it a Starbucks or something, it IS San Francisco! I will be there for sure.
:apple:world

Sounds good, I just checked my iPhone and found several Starbucks - duh :D - around Moscone center. Maybe a native San Franciscan can suggest one of them, or an alternative in any case? Veterans of similar meetings from previous years: what do you think??

I'll be wearing my original MacOS X t-shirt :)

WildCowboy
Jan 6, 2008, 11:55 AM
We're still working on plans, so no need to panic yet. More information will be forthcoming. :)

imacgeek
Jan 6, 2008, 12:53 PM
Sounds good, I just checked my iPhone and found several Starbucks - duh :D - around Moscone center. Maybe a native San Franciscan can suggest one of them, or an alternative in any case? Veterans of similar meetings from previous years: what do you think??

I'll be wearing my original MacOS X t-shirt :)

I am not a native but know the area pretty well. I would also be wiling to take shifts in line outside the Mascone center in the morning if some people want to wake up early and then I can come and hold the line for a few hours. I don't know about you guys but I am also staying at the Marriott so that could be a place to meet (I think they have a few louges)

Tousiger
Jan 7, 2008, 12:27 PM
I'll be at the meetup AND very early in line :rolleyes:

I'll probably have that black :apple: shirt of Mac OS X Retailers (saying "Tomorrow. Available today!")

chipchen
Jan 8, 2008, 03:01 AM
So when are most people lining up for keynote? Maybe we should have another poll for that. My hotel is about 5 blocks away, I guess I'll be walking? or are there decent parking garages open early? (yes, I'm from LA, we drive anything more than 0.5 blocks)

Anyone willing to take shifts in line? Is the line outdoors or indoors? 10 day weather forecast from weather.com says no rain.

Telp
Jan 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
If i could come, i would come, however i cant, but i wish i could. Have fun everyone thats going!!

arn
Jan 10, 2008, 05:48 PM
New day/time

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=412145

arn