PDA

View Full Version : Dual G5 Problem

magi.sys
Sep 29, 2003, 04:39 AM
I just got my G5 two days ago and was testing it out this morning (finally got some time to sit and play with it). since I wanted to split the HDD into several partitions I tried to boot from the install CD. Then I realized it wasn't responding to the 'C' key. So I also tried to boot with the 'option' key to choose the CD, but that didn't work either. Then i also tried OpenFirmware and also tried to reset pram. None worked. But once in OS X the G5 works very well. Anyone else having problems with the starup keys on their new dual G5?

Oh, and for those who are saying their G5 revs up the fans when booting, i thing you have the wrong startup disk set, mine was set on netboot when I first got it and when I changed the startup disk to the HDD it stopped reving up at startup. Just something I noticed.

mmmdreg
Sep 29, 2003, 09:13 AM
You know, once in OSX, insert the cd, and then doesn't the window come up asking if you want to run it and if so, click the button? I swear you didn't have to press "c" when doing that. Are you using a Bluetooth keyboard?Maybe that's the issue.

magi.sys
Sep 29, 2003, 10:19 AM
Yeah, thats what I ended up doing. I still dont feel comfortable with the fact that i cant get into openfirmware or reset pram. everything else seems perfectly fine. no I dont have the bluetooth keyboard/mouse yet ;)

Im giving apple a call to see what they think.