Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Picture1.jpg

What I want to do is tell TOC options to place the page number to the edge of the text box. Then TOC will just add the dots as many to fulfill the space between page title and page number.

Thank you

ac6789

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
You need to set your tabs and set the "Leader". To open up the tab palette, hit apple+shift+T or go to "Type" --> "Tabs"

Set a tab to a right justified tab then on the ruler that you see in the Tab palette, position it where you need it. Put in your leader character in the approprate field and you're done.

If you did this correctly, if you hit "tab" on your keyboard, the cursor should jump to the right side of the text box with a string of "." right behind it.

Attachments

• tabs.gif
    tabs.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 155

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/kitki83/Picture1.jpg

What I want to do is tell TOC options to place the page number to the edge of the text box. Then TOC will just add the dots as many to fulfill the space between page title and page number.

Thank you

In the TOC dialog box, make sure that "More Options" are shown, and you want to place ^t in the "Between Entry and Number" box. Then you can specify a stylesheet that has the type of tabs ac6789 is talking about, or adjusting the kind of tabs and leaders after creating the table of contents, if you'd rather.

INSIDE the TOC dialog box, however, make sure you have the ^t, which inserts the tab needed to make this work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.