Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natewsmith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
Sorry if this is indeed a repeat question.

But I recently have bought a new iMac my first one since Apple came out with the IIe. So I have a ton of music on my ipod and was wondering if there was a way to get my new itunes to allow it to download?

I have way to many cd's and I guess I could waste an entire weekend and download them all back..

Any easier way I guess is what I'm asking?

Thanks

Nate

ebouwman

Cancelled
Jan 5, 2007
There are some programs that sort of do this, don't know where to get them though.

What you could do is just wipe your iPod, and then take the iTunes folder from your old computer and dump it onto your iPod, then just replace the iTunes folder on your new mac with the one from your old computer.

natewsmith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
Yeah I could do that if I could find the hard drive.

Anywho I've found a program called Senuti and it's a nice easy program to use. the only problem is that it keeps stoping while migrating my music. It says that there is a dialog box in iTunes and that I should close it so it can continue but I don't see anything..

Any help here?

Thanks

natewsmith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
I did.. but it kept opening itunes for some reason..

I found that it might have had a problem with some of the things I had on my ipod.. not to sure why.. So I just did a few at a time and that seemed to transfer everything.

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
senuti is fine

sorry didn't see the post about the itunes problem. unfortunately i've never experienced that when using senuti

tony998

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2007
There's a lot of shareware/freeware do that thing. I'm using iPod Copy Expert, but it doesn't work on Mac.
If you have windows, maybe you can copy from iPod to windows, then copy to Mac...

Brue

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
I am in the same boat - I need to get my iPod playlist onto itunes because my old hard drive died. Why can't i just drag the whole list to iTunes? I have an old 4 g no picture iPod. I have a G5 power PC with OSX.5

:confused:

tony998

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2007
I am in the same boat - I need to get my iPod playlist onto itunes because my old hard drive died. Why can't i just drag the whole list to iTunes? I have an old 4 g no picture iPod. I have a G5 power PC with OSX.5

:confused:

Apple designed it this way to prevent music share.
If you want to copy music from iPod to Mac, try yamipod(a freeware for mac)
If you want to copy music from iPod to windows, you can use iPod Copy Expert.(Copy songs/playlists/ratings, but not free and only for windows)

Here are two articles:
http://guides.macrumors.com/Copying_Music_from_your_old_Windows_PC_to_new_Windows_PC

http://guides.macrumors.com/Copying_Music_from_your_old_PC_to_new_Mac

Brue

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
Tony

Thanks for the help

I tried IPodCopy and Senuti

Ipodcopy offered a trial version that didn't allow me to sort songs and only permits 40 transfers before you have to buy

Senuti is GREAT - It works perectly getting iPod to my Mac OS X.5 iTunes - they do ask for a donation which seems resonable enough

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.