PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get all the cool games?

frankiejoe577
Dec 10, 2007, 09:37 PM
Hi, Were do I get like Grand Theft Auto
and Mario Cart
and all the other
games and stuff with the touch controls
almost like Nintendo games.

Vigilante
Dec 10, 2007, 10:15 PM
It's against the rules to post sites for torrents or illegal downloads. Really sorry man, the fun you could be having playing those games right now... oh well. You have my regards.

aki
Dec 10, 2007, 11:22 PM
lol

bdsmyth
Dec 10, 2007, 11:52 PM
Can just cause you can't say where to get things exactly doesn't mean you can't help!

Install the gSPhone app (the Game Boy Advance Emulator). Then simply search for GBA Roms on the internet, you'll find loads of them. Of course here comes the disclaimer .... please make sure you own a copy of the game that you are downloading the ROM for .... and that should satisfy the legal requirements.

Happy playing!

aki
Dec 11, 2007, 12:12 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure owning the original game doesn't satisfy the legal requirements. Most GBA games anyway say on the front pages of the manual that you aren't allowed to run the game on any other hardware.

frankiejoe577
Dec 11, 2007, 12:40 AM
What would I do with a rom once i find it?

frankiejoe577
Dec 11, 2007, 12:41 AM
It's against the rules to post sites for torrents or illegal downloads. Really sorry man, the fun you could be having playing those games right now... oh well. You have my regards.

Thats a time you can PM me :-D

Vigilante
Dec 11, 2007, 01:42 AM
Sigh, do I have to spell it out? :p thepiratebay.org is a nice torrent site, not that I recommend anyone use it... wait, what's a torrent? Vigilante isn't typing this, his crazy next door neighbor is (I broke into his house at 2:44 in the morning, of course!) Once you find a ROM, you put it into the folder the application tells you. You need to use an FTP client like WinSCP to do this.

Cache
Dec 11, 2007, 07:12 AM
gta crashes :(

radioradio
Dec 11, 2007, 01:29 PM
All the games I got so far (I own them of course..) come up with 'wrong version' and will not run...

I think GB emu is not debugged yet..

Cheers all

Vigilante
Dec 11, 2007, 02:32 PM
You're missing the BIOs file, or you put the BIOs into the wrong place.

radioradio
Dec 12, 2007, 02:30 AM
Prey tell - what is the BIO file - is it included with the ROM ?
============================================
The NESworked fine..

Cheers and thanks..

radioradio
Dec 12, 2007, 02:32 AM
Ahh do you mean BIOS file?

(Bios\GBa.bin or Bios\Gba.bios)

And where do I put it (somewhere helpful please ;-))

Cheers again..

PS I FOUND WHERE thanx...

taylormchenry6
Dec 22, 2007, 06:53 PM
do gbc roms work for gsphone too?

radioradio
Dec 23, 2007, 03:12 AM
Dunno ... gba bios works.
Google where to put it (in gpsphone app folder)

Try one..

taylormchenry6
Dec 23, 2007, 11:30 PM
I just tried it and it didn't work

I'm useing the newest version of gsphone and I don't think I have the right bio because none of my games work

IMcD23
Dec 25, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hey,

Here is a great video on the subject, make sure the rom is for the Gameboy Advance: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nP2UI3erPQ0

IMcD23

GFLPraxis
Dec 27, 2007, 04:51 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure owning the original game doesn't satisfy the legal requirements. Most GBA games anyway say on the front pages of the manual that you aren't allowed to run the game on any other hardware.

The current legal status is that you can backup anything you own legally but it is illegal to transfer that backup to others.

Thus, downloading roms is illegal. The only way to legally play a GBA game is to rip the rom yourself (I have the hardware and have done this).