Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by jimthorn
Until the RIAA gets you. :eek: :D

There is no uploading to FastTrack, and they banned offending IP addresses in the latest version.

Screenshot (Note OpenNap is in testing stages and currently only supports searching and not downloading):

Attachments

• picture 3.jpg
    picture 3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 545

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Works great as always, I was a fan of multinet because it was updated more. Now that they are combined, Poisoned all the way!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by mac15
Works great as always, I was a fan of multinet because it was updated more. Now that they are combined, Poisoned all the way!

Hehe, Mutinet was updated for 2 weeks, then they combine.

Oh well, still great news for everyone involved.

Anyone else think http://mac-p2p.com/ should supply telling updates of the applications and just not only list them...

All thate site does currently is sit there and be idle (okay, post daily P2P related news) but what about product updates, changes?

[just asking]

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
ah, wish I could give it a try, but my college has set up a firewall to block all P2P... damn it all, I'll try it out over fall break.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by QCassidy352
ah, wish I could give it a try, but my college has set up a firewall to block all P2P... damn it all, I'll try it out over fall break.

If you know your college's open Ports you cange change the ports that Poisoned uses and try to get around the common port blocking (e.x: 1213 for FastTrack).

I doubt they have heard about this yet, and since you can change ports it is very good indeed.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Cool update. The new icon is better as well, though I think they should have elimated all similarities to iSync completely.

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2002
Binghamton
Weird, my version isn't showing OpenNap. And yes, I did update it.

I do like how there's a little check mark in the Poisoned icon in the dock when a file is done downloading.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Juventuz
Weird, my version isn't showing OpenNap. And yes, I did update it.

I do like how there's a little check mark in the Poisoned icon in the dock when a file is done downloading.

Yeah okay, OpenNap isn't turned on beause of the no downloading thing.

If you go to their forums I post on how to turn it on, but it really is useless.

I posted with it on so that people can see what is here and what is coming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.