Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Mine varies completely depending as to how many people are logged on or not. There are 200 of us sharing this connection! At the time of the picture I would says its at about 40% usage!

use speedtest for testing

I had to take the picture half way through as my school prevents uploading therefore I never get the summary page as speedtest is still waiting for my upload speed!

Anyway here goes:

Dauntseys School, Wiltshire UK
Boarders Internet

(I tried to put a pic on but since I have no upload I cant! Ha)

Download: 5689kbps
Upload: 0kbps

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Certainly doesn't FEEL this fast most of the time...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 523

neonblue2

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2006
Port Pirie, South Australia
I can't be exact right now being that school has finished for me until next year, but I reckon we're on either a 1.5Mb or 3Mb connection.

This connection is shared across both primary and secondary campuses. And IE7 sucks.

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I'm kinda confused by these numbers as well. They seem to be really big for all the schools in general. Anyways our internet always seems pretty fast here. Supposedly we have the second fastest internal network in the United States though.

EDIT:

Whoa I just did the test again, but with Cincinnati and got quite different results. Strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.