Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
hi,

Has anyone reviewed the new 12inch powerbook. Is there any site that has reviews and user comments?

thanks,
ipaqman

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
I just received mine today!

12.1" PB Al. Base RAM, Combo, 40BG HD.

This is one NICE machine. It's every bit as fast as I hoped it would be, and my wife is terribly disappointed because it knocks the socks off of her 12" PB 867. I think it must be both the processor bump and the 512k L2 cache, because it is a noticable difference in speed. I can't wait to get more than 256MB RAM in this baby. It just feels very solid, is very fast, and the keyboard is a huge improvement over the iBook, and I never really had a complaint about the iBook keyboard. Until now. :p

Regards,
Gus

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Thanks for the info. Does it get as hot as the 867MHz 12"'er, and does the battery last over 3 hours?

I'm mainly concerned about the heat. As long as its cooler than the previous model, I'll get it. The other one was scorchin'.

Since I'm a student without much income, my credit card has a limit of $2000 (Cdn), which is preventing me from getting it online (its $2000 CDN+ $370 CDN for Applecare + tax). Otherwise I would have ordered it a week ago. :p

I neeeeeed to get to the Univ of Toronto computer store to buy it, but I've got no time....

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
It doesn't seem to get as hot as my wife's 867, but the fan does kick on quite often.

Regards,
Gus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.