Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uoila

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Well, i finally broke down and bought my SR Blackbook today and i love it.

Its a great little laptop, but you all know that already. I'm posting here just to counteract all the negative PR the macbook gets around this place. Granted, i have only had it for a day, but i haven't seen any of the problems that i was afraid i would have had to deal with from reading all of the gripes in this forum.

Long story short..... not all macbooks are defunct so don't let the troubles that you read here stop you from buying.

karleaglemac

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
Good for you. I completely agree, and it is nice to see some positivity every now and then. It really is true that people are more likely to speak up when something goes wrong, or they want to complain.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
My 2.2 settled down after a couple of days (fan).

It is perfectly fine now and am loving it.

tikitommy

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
One week in and I love my Blackbook. Got the SR 2.2. I ordered it with base RAM and the 250GB drive and added 4GB of Crucial Ram by myself. THe machine is incredible. It's my first Mac since my Centris 610 that I bought my freshman year of college in '93. 25Mhz (25 not 2.5) processor, pre-power pc, 8MB ram and 80MB of hard drive.

It's amazing how well these machines work. Of course no complex machine like this is ever 100% problem free. But compared to the instant problems on a PC, its amazing. Why wouldn't anyone buy a Mac, which can run Windows if you really have to?

:)

Uoila

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
and...

Oh yea ... one more thing.

4GB + VMWare Fusion + Spaces = :D

if your thinking about moving up to 4GB of ram, definitely do yourself the favor!

smooth

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
Detroit
I've had my BlackBook for a month now and it works great. My only complaint is the internet speed, but that is probably more of a router issue, not an Apple issue. Plus I'm used to my T1 line at work. Spaces is by far the coolest feature and I am very happy with Pages and Keynote so far. Amidst all the complaints about it, I really like the keyboard. It's my first laptop, but I prefer its keyboard over any desktop keyboard I've used. It is a pretty awesome machine - glad I switched!

T-Mac

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
Tennessee
I'm also enjoying my MacBook! The first one I got from Amazon had a bad "B" key, but the local Apple store gave me a new one without hassle. There are things that I wish were better (the screen's vertical angle is narrow, the keyboard feels a little cheap) but I have no regrets after waiting a long time to become a Mac user.

bslax28

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2004
i had tons of problems with my pb 12", and although its demise was my fault, ive had no problems since i got my SR macbook about a month ago. fantastic computer.

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
Oh, i could go on and on and on and on and on about how awesome my C2D MBP is. It would be 12 months worth of positive remarks, until last week when my battery started acting up. So once again, i could go on and on and on and on and on and on about how my switch to mac has been so good.

xpovos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Tennessee
I've bought five MacBooks since they first came out in '06 (mostly as gifts for family), and every single one of them has been perfect and problem-free.

My luck with MacBook Pros is, sadly, quite a different story.

supergrandma

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2005
I love my MacBook, too. Except for the screen, which doesn't display color very well. Other than that, everything's great.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
You're all lying! Every single Mac has problems! You just can't see or experience them without ridiculous experimental setups and scientific analysis! It's the screens! The screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens.

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
Mine's hopefully arriving tomorrow. I'm ready for this thing to arrive. I saw someone's today, and it was amazing how it was even smaller than my iBook! Widthwise, it's wider, but it's got a shorter height, and, to tell the truth, I was really surprised how small it was. But then again, small computers are cool. Can't wait.

karleaglemac

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
I'm feeling pretty good!
I just performed my first "do it yourself" surgery on mine and upgraded my RAM to 2 Gigs!
Simple procedure, I know, but it feels good to do things like that on your own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.