Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I am wondering if there is any program hacked or non for the ipod touch that lets you skip songs or pause, or go back without having to look at it. I don't know what form this could take but perhaps using the accelerator? I'm a little hesitant to buy an ipod touch because I'm so used to easily changing songs, and this will mainly be a music player for me. Thoughts?

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
double tap of the home button is really wonderful.
i already memorized where all the buttons are.

worst comes to worst get a BSE and cut out the arrows in it, and just stick the little arrows on your screen! lol ;) but it would work, and wouldnt come in the way of most things

chall5

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I am wondering if there is any program hacked or non for the ipod touch that lets you skip songs or pause, or go back without having to look at it. I don't know what form this could take but perhaps using the accelerator? I'm a little hesitant to buy an ipod touch because I'm so used to easily changing songs, and this will mainly be a music player for me. Thoughts?

yeah this is the main drawback of the device for me, headphones with volume and track skip controls would be ideal

PapZ

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
Would you really wanna talk about wearing gloves and try to handle my iTouch?

Some time ago, a smart guy in this forum worked out a great solution for acting the home button as a play/pause/skip one when the screen is off. I hope someone will manage to create it after the SDK release.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
I use the Motorola S9 headset and the BluNa bluetooth dongle. I change the songs, and the volume, by pressing the earpiece.

If it were any cooler I'd have to wear gloves, too.

chall5

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I use the Motorola S9 headset and the BluNa bluetooth dongle. I change the songs, and the volume, by pressing the earpiece.

If it were any cooler I'd have to wear gloves, too.

yeah those Bluetooth headset are the last word in cool

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Mine is a genuine S9 which costs over 100 euros but you can buy a fake one (though apparently identical in performance and quality) from China for about $40.

Having the iPod safely zipped up in my leg pocket while wirelessly streaming sounds to my head is very convenient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.